• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't log in...

LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Mac sing Firefox 3.0.8. Safari works fine and the same version of Firefox on the Windows machine is fine as well.

If I click on the log-in/register link, I get a messed up page layout where the boxes to log-in are not selectable and below that a dialog that says the page is not available..

There's a sample of the screen shot below.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, SOME day there will be a sample in my original post. Sure does take a long time to process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be a very inconvenient forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it first needs to be accepted by an admin to make sure you don't upload crap onto the forums, or somesuch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the amount of files/images that get uploaded here, I sure hope they hired a lot of new mods.

(and I hope they can log in)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. If I disable CSS, I can log in. CSS on, no log in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the first few days after release are always rocky, i expect it to get better in a couple of days

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno Bokor wrote:

it first needs to be accepted by an admin to make sure you don't upload crap onto the forums, or somesuch

Actually; only avatars are manually approved by an administrator.

The queue time you see for attachments is the time it takes for the servers to scan the attachments for viruses.  Its an automated process.  I suspect the time it takes to process will improve as things get tweeked.

You can also embed a jpg in the msg instead of doing an attachment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt Wrigley wrote:

Actually; only avatars are manually approved by an administrator.

The queue time you see for attachments is the time it takes for the servers to scan the attachments for viruses.  Its an automated process.

that doesn't sound right. What's there to scan in a .jpg? there are so few viruses that infect pictures that it's mostly not worth the bother. I doubt that it's an automated process as it would have been over by now and i also doubt that adobe wants to risk the posibility of someone posting illegal/"nasty" stuff on the forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats why I suggested embedding the jpg; that doesnt need scanned.   Attachments get scanned.

Im simpy repeating what John said during the preview about attachments.   It seems logical to me.  It wold be impossible to manually approve all attachments.

The fact that the process is slow today isnt surprising.  It may not even be turned on yet.  Give it some time to get tweaked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well if he said so then i guess that that's how it is. I wonder though about the approving, i mean, there aren't that many attachments being uploaded/day, it should be possible to approve all of them within a 24h time period

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno Bokor wrote:

there aren't that many attachments being uploaded/day, it should be possible to approve all of them within a 24h time period

Thats true; but many would consider that way too long.  And moderators dont want to be opening and approving atachments.    I think once things are tweaked that the automated scan will take a minute or two and mods are then free to just remove the few exceptions rather than checking every one.

2005 sunset gold.jpg

Embedded jpgs dont need scanned....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just because you give it the extension .jpg doesn't mean it is a jpg image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

but then again, how are you going to execute a .exe virus from a .jpg file? anyway, this slowdown of accepting the attachments will be resolved soon so hang tight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make sure you don't have noscript on... or adblock, or greasemonkey... try going in clean...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got none of that running dave. Pretty clean here at work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines