• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't stop mass email notifications from flooding my inbox...HELP!!!

Participant ,
Jun 16, 2010 Jun 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was posting in the forums, as normal, and I looked and noticed off to the right there was an option to turn on email notifications in the Actions panel. .I turned it on, and 5 minutes later my inbox started getting flooded with notifications to EVERY post on the site. So I went back and tried turning it back off, but that IS NOT WORKING and my inbox is getting overwhelmed - Can Someone please help me!

I really though it meant to turn on notifications for JUST the one thread!

Thanks,

Aza

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not quite enough all that does is stop reference to post you've posted to and replies you have created.

In addition they must go to each forum they have visted and check to see if stop email notifications is available if so they are to click on it.

If there is instead start email notifications then they are not to touch it.

As it stands  now you have turn off that you don't want nofications, that you no longer want to subscribe to threads you have read or created, and at each forum level you have visted (acrobat, forum discusssion, etc) and turn off there. Unless you turn off all three you will be plagued with email Notifications.

Anytime I venture into a new forum  if I make a post , either a question or make a reply I know to unsuscribe  email notifications in each place or I will always get some notices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not the problem because I am getting notifications from posts other than ones I creted or subscribed - these are posts I have never visited!

It seems to be a bug in the Forum itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to those forums at top level example:

Adobe Forums >                   Adobe general forums >                   Forum comments

Click on Adobe forums then click on link for each forum or click on select forum button and choose each forum.

Don't answer any post or ead anything look at same place when you subscribed for email notifications that started all this.

Next. look to see start or stop email notifications is shown.

if Recieve is shown do nothing and go back, then go to next forum.
If Stop  is shown then click it.

Example shown here: http://screencast.com/t/MDkzOTY4ZG

similar to this is showing  do nothing. If it says stop instead click stop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reworded the FAQ so it now has a numbered list of steps. If you are unable to make the emails stop using the FAQ, please provide the folowing information:

1. A screenshot of step 5 in the FAQ.
  2. The Reply-To address from one of the email messages the forum is sending to you.
  3. If you have a problem with a specific step a screenshot of the step you have a problem with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which forum are the messages coming from?

Looking at your profile, you are sunbscribed to 27 threads and 1 forum. Unfortunately, it doesn't tell me which forum you are subscribed to.

I can cancel ALL of your subscriptions (threads and forum). Or you can go to the particular forum you are subscribed to and turn it off.  Let me know if you want me to cancel all of your subscriptions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 19, 2010 Jun 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please cancel all my subscriptions - I tried everything laid out above and I'm still getting flooded!

Thanks,

Aza

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wait, the problem seems to be fixed.... sorry, my email software was backed up from before.... I will let you know by Sunday 6.20 if there is still a problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's hope that it is fixed.

If not, this ARTICLE shows some of the places to look for e-mail notification settings.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2010 Jun 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like you found the right switch. I don't see any forum subscriptions listed, but all your thread subscriptions are still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines