• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot change profile picture.

Advocate ,
May 15, 2009 May 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried several times to change my profile picture with no luck. Image is meeting all the specs. I go to upload the image and it sits for about 5 minutes before the pages moves, it then goes to my profile page and has no picture selected.

Here's the pic specs:

Picture 1.png

Picture 2.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

confirmed! there's something wrong. trying to change mine and getting the same results. hangs like page loading (firefox  busy indicator spinning) then nothing.

oops. wait. 2nd attempt yeilds an error:

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: ""
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time...

For assistance, contact your local help desk.

aaaaand... refresh and it CH

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to also say that I've tried with several different pics, changed sizes, even tried a different browser and it still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is scanned and reviewed and that can take a day or so.  At least that is way with avatar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't show that it's pending or anything like it does when you change the avatar though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

curt y wrote:

I think it is scanned and reviewed and that can take a day or so.  At least that is way with avatar.

i don't think so. profile pix are immediate. we even discussed this within days of this mess of a forum going "live" (yes, i'm using that term loosely).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you're in the right place and not in a graphics program... ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh? What you are talking about? In trying to change my profile pic on the forums HERE.

I posted the above images to show that I am meeting the specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you upload a Picture to your Profile if right size it will upload in an instant.

If your uploading an Avatar even if you meet spec there is a delay of often 48 hr before they approve it and it shows up.

I know when I first set up avatar for my account after I go sized right it was 72 hrs before it showed in Avatar list and I was able to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still think something's screwed up. I've tried several times. It takes about 5 minutes of loading, no error or anything, and goes directly to this:

Picture 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

confirmed! there's something wrong. trying to change mine and getting the same results. hangs like page loading (firefox  busy indicator spinning) then nothing.

oops. wait. 2nd attempt yeilds an error:

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: ""
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time...

For assistance, contact your local help desk.

aaaaand... refresh and it CHANGED. my profile pic should now be lauging stevie b

mindy, try again...

dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for checking on it.

I am in the processing of trying again (this file I'm trying now is larger in size)...been going for 6 minutes now.

I had previously refreshed and tried again....I'll wait this one out and see how it goes.

EDIT= it's been trying to upload for 10 minutes....guess I'll try again later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got it to change!!!

Now you can see me (as a blonde last summer) and my other dog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cool beans! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure this is related to the queue of file attachments. We had the same issue about a week ago and it cleared up when a bunch of files finally made it through the virus scan (which is not built into the forum software, it is a separate service). Still researching the cause of the delays in the scanning.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dave milbut wrote:

cool beans! 

Heinz meanz beanz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines