• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot insert weblinks into my replies on the Lr forum

People's Champ ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since a few days I am unable to insert web links in my replies in the forums for Lr4 and Lr5 beta..
When I do I get a message saying that "You can not post a blank message. Please type your message and try again.". When I try again, the result is the same.

It seems that answers containing web links are not accepted whether I use the "insert Link" button or just paste the web address into the body of the message.
Previously I was able to insert links without a problem.
Does anyone else experience this? Has the policy of the forum website changed to not allow web links anymore?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen in all browsers? Which platform/browser are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use IE10.
I have not changed my browser, nor has there been - as far as I know - any update for IE10 in the last few days.
Previously, when I was still able to insert weblinks I was using IE10, too.

Another thing that happened recently: When posting an answer pressing <Return> does not move the cursor to a new line when there are no letters after the cursor. When I insert the cursor at the beginning of an already typed text line, the result is as expected: the line is shifted to a "new line".
But <Shift> + <Enter> works even without text after the cursor.

I encounter these problem only on Adobe Forum websites. On non-Adobe websites my <Enter> works as expected. Just tried it on MS Win 7 Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought so. A fix for IE10 showing all italics broke other parts of the text editor. Being worked on now, but I don't have an ETA for the fix yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.
Glad you are working on it.
Being unable to post a link in an answer severely impedes the ability to help people with their questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To try... go to Tools and put IE10 into Compatibility View

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith,

Well, the first thing the Campatibility View did was put the text of all the previous posts in italics. That's a nice touch

But, hey <Enter> already works as expected. That's a bonus

Now let me try to post a link:

http://members.lightroomqueen.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/1137/188/how-do-i-change-my-...

This one did not work before. And now the test: Click on <Post>

Yep, it worked. Great. Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found using compatibility mode yielded other problems.  Things on the page don't seem to be located properly.

By the way, you can work around the all-italics problem by blocking access to the use.typekit.com website.

Specifically, you can do this by adding the following line to your system's hosts file, which it uses to resolve names into IP addresses before contacting DNS:

127.0.0.1  use.typekit.com

On a Windows system the file can be found in this folder:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everybody for helpful suggestions.Since adobe-admin has confirmed that they are working on this, I'm confident that this bug will disappear soon.
Noel-Carboni, yes Comp Mode creates other funny things: When I hover over the icons of the forum members they (the icons, not the members) start jumping sideways.

The italics never bothered me - they are appearing and disappearing on the forum since at least three weeks now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some months back, I encountered similar issues, to those you relate - I lost the ability to use the Add Link in Chrome. I had switched to Chrome, when I lost the ability to Add Images in IE. The issues, in my case, appear to be browser-specific. Since I can Copy/Paste the URL's, in Chrome, and use the Add Images so much (no workarounds, other than use Chrome, for me), I have just lived with it.

Perhaps the "fix," that Adobe-Admin refers to, will get my Add Link back in Chrome (it worked for several months, then just quit, probably from a Chrome update?). Will check again.

Good luck to us all.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines