• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install Type 1 font Windows 7

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2011 Mar 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My old Windows XP PC crashed (please don't laugh).  My version of Illustrator did not work on Windows 7 so I had to upgrade it. Now I'm trying to install my fonts.  I have the Bickham Script MM.  I've searched this board and the internet to get the install instructions.  My old pc was backed up, and I have the .mmm .pfb and .pfm files.  When I right click on the .pfm file and choose install, I get an error message: "the file <file name> does not appear to be a valid font".  I close this dialog box then a box pops up that says it's installing the font with a progress bar.  Looks like it's doing something, but when I go to the fonts folder, it's not there.  I am trying to do wedding invitations and I urgently need this font, as the bride has approved them from designs on my old PC.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, you have managed to post into a forum that is designed to discuss, well all of the Adobe fora.

I'd point you to the AI forum, but your question is not Adobe product oriented.

I do not have Win7, but will try to help. Not sure if things have changed with Win7 (still on XP-Pro myself), but you should be able to use the OS's Control Panel>Fonts>Install Fonts, and navigate to the PFM file. That should be recognized as a font file.

I also use Extensis Suitcase to manage (install/uninstall) all of my fonts, of all types, and it does that on the fly, as I need to use a particular font, or group of fonts. Still, if I need to do the Install at the system level, I just use Control Panel>Fonts>Install Fonts.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, but alas, Windows 7 is different from XP.  I've used the installation instructions found on the Microsoft and Adobe sites (which were the same), but the result is as I've described.  I paid $100 for this one font and I'm anxious to be able to use it again...  Which forum should I have posted to?  It's an adobe font problem, not an adobe application issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which forum should I have posted to?

That is a great question, and I do not have a definitive answer. Perhaps Adobe Type?

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2011 Mar 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't get help here then your only option is to use Microsoft Forums.

I suggest try at this link:

<http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7>

It is a dedicated Windows 7 forum run by Microsoft, MVPs and other volunteers.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 16, 2011 Mar 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are still looking, here is a link to a discussion regarding installatiion of Type 1 fonts on Windows 7:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/872a2438-481d-4fb4-bdc5-95797fc307aa/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines