• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot uninstall Adobe reader

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2011 Mar 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several months ago I upgraded my Windows 98 Ed2 operating system to XP (Now have V3).  The Adobe Reader version 4.0 was brought over from the old system to the new and I cannot now uninstall this old version.  The problem is that a new version will not replace the older one as well.  When I attempt to uninstall the old version it tells me that all of the elements could not be removed and that they need to be done in another manner (I presume by manually removing them off the hard drive).  This same thing happend with the Norton Anti-virus program I did not uninstall prior to the operating system conversion.  In that instance I contacted Norton support and they went into the computer from there location using an exe. driver and successfully removed it without any problem.  I contacted Adobe support in a similar manner (chatroom) and the only thing that "Malahov" could offer was to consult the forum "since the reader download was free."  Here I am, can anyone help.  You can't download tax forms off of the IRS website without a new version of the reader.  Must me someone out there that knows of or has had this problem too.   Help.

Dragonfly 5052.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2011 Mar 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try the Reader forum http://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums

This forum is only to discuss forum operations, not products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines