Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change Adobe Forums Username

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently setup an Adobe ID and created a username for the forums. Because of a bug in the site or my browser, the page kept saying that the user ID I wanted was taken. I kept trying increasingly absurd names and it kept saying the name was unavailable. I gave up and left. When I came back, it looks like one of them stuck - this one... adbahsdaskashdh or whatever it is. Very comical, I know.

I would like to change it to CassidyBowlCut. However, the place to change your username in the My Adobe panel does not work correctly. I update the name and nothing happens.

Can an admin or moderator please change my adobe ID to CassidyBowlCut? My email is [removed]

Thank you,

Cassidy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum; please do not post email addresses and other private data.

I think you can change your display name using Your Stuff | Profile | Edit Adobe Profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cassidy.

The forums pick up your name from your Adobe ID at adobe.com. We in the forums have no control over that nor access rights to see or edit your personal information at Adobe. You need to do that via Adobe.com...

Go to http://www.adobe.com

sign in if not already (in the upper right corner of the page, under the Search box)

*If you just signed in it should take you to the My Adobe page where you can click on My Personal Profile.

*If you were already signed in, click on your name and select My Information from the drop down list

Once on the Information page you should see a section called My personal profile

In there look for the Screen name field and change your name there.

The next time you sign out of and back into Forums it should pick up the new name.

As Pat indicated, you should be able to get there through the links listed in the message above, also. But I've given the detailed steps just in case that didn't work.

If there is an issue making the name change you will need to contact Adobe Customer Service, as they will have access to help you out with your Adobe account.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And make sure that you log-in to the Adobe site of your country.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2012 May 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PECourtejoie wrote:

Pierre, there is no such thing as an adobe.com/cl site (cl stands for Chile). There are only two Adobe sites in Spanish, the ones for Mexico and Spain.

There was a time (at about the time of Acrobat 4-5) when there were frequent and very good seminars on Adobe products in Santiago. Those times have gone; and I understand that the same thing has happened in all Spanish speaking countries except those two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

PECourtejoie wrote:

Pierre, there is no such thing as an adobe.com/cl site (cl stands for Chile). There are only two Adobe sites in Spanish, the ones for Mexico and Spain.

Trying this login: http://www.adobe.cl

Redirects to:

http://www.adobe.com/la/

Don't know why la -------- LA is for Laos!  Didn't know Asians spoke Spanish!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mytaxsite.co.uk wrote:

Redirects to:

la = Latinoamérica, as per the title of that page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mytaxsite.co.uk wrote:

Claudio González wrote:

PECourtejoie wrote:

Redirects to:

Don't know why la -------- LA is for Laos!  Didn't know Asians spoke Spanish!

Ah, yes, that would be that country called Latin America, where many speak Spanish but where there is a sub-country called Brazil with about half the population of LA where they speak Portuguese -well, sort of.

Curiously, when I try to login in www.adobe.com/cl, I am taken here:

Error2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, John.

Unfortuntely, after following your instructions in multiple browsers, I still cannot change the username. The site accepts the change and then proceeds as if nothing has happened. I will get in touch with Customer Service.

Thanks

Cassidy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So there is still no way to change the username on Adobe Support Community?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines