• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change Ask a Question to SEARCH HERE

Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please change the Ask a Question title at the top/left of forum main pages to SEARCH HERE so people know it is the forum SEARCH link

New people do not know that Ask a Question really means SEARCH HERE http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1380031?tstart=0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember participating in a discussion about this when we first saw that title, and also about those Trending Questions , but as has happened with many other suggestions by users, nothing was changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>nothing was changed

And new users STILL don't understand that Ask a Question is Adobe/Jive's funky way of saying SEARCH HERE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to mention the fact that with the increasing number of people posting by email and not coming to this site, the number of newcomers who have no idea where to post is increasing enormously. And many of them are not even aware that they are participating in a public forum... Pathetic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, if "someone" with authority reads this, change to SEARCH FORUM HERE to be absolutely clear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about Don't Ask a Question ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, considering the idea is to try and help new users, I don't think that would work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite, John.

But it may be the only possible change.

And it has a higher amusement value than the present wording.

As Claudio mentioned, no suggestion including the word search and/or excluding the words ask and question has led to anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob, I have used the Ask a Question button every now and then, and to be fair I must confess thar I have been pleasantly impressed by the results. So I think it is a valuable tool, although very few people ever use it, in my opinion mainly because of its cryptic title.

I think that John's suggestions are as good as anyof the many others proposed years ago. I also know that the probability of our having success in a title change is very slim indeed. However, you and I shouldn't be discouraged by this "small" matter, should we?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I think it is a valuable tool, although very few people ever use it, in my opinion mainly because of its cryptic title.

No argument that it's useful. Just needs to be re-labelled but Adobe's not listening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, Claudio.

Just an addition: If it said Don't Ask a Question Here, new users might start looking elsewhere at once and possibly eventually try out Start a Discussion under Actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think "Ask A Question" should be changed to "Use Web Search as Adobe Search is Pathetic". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T.,

A big +1 from me. I would chose a title, such as "Search this forum for answers," or similar.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 from me as well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plus one here too. "Ask a Question" is misleading -- to me, that means "start a new thread," not "search this forum."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given the overwhelming consensus of opinion here (which may go on with "+1" for months or years), how do we get Adobe to action the request so we can all move on with our lives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a regular forum member, I have no idea... do MVP's have some "back channel" way to communicate to Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was just asking out loud really, John.

There's no set formula or process for this stuff but I always thought this Forum Comments forum was for getting things improved on the layout and performance of the forum software.

I'll bang the drum elsewhere and see if anyone takes any notice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Waller wrote:

Given the overwhelming consensus of opinion here (which may go on with "+1" for months or years), how do we get Adobe to action the request so we can all move on with our lives?

I have heard something about sacrificing a goat at midnight

Maybe there's a suggestions forum somewhere around here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, for requests for changes to the forums themselves, this is it....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Waller wrote:

As far as I know, for requests for changes to the forums themselves, this is it....

Yes. Pity that it very rarely produces positive results...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2014 Jan 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Patience. There's a lot in the pipeline.

Claudio González wrote:

Yes. Pity that it very rarely produces positive results...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines