• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing view - How?

LEGEND ,
May 26, 2012 May 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to the Premiere Elements forum I see a screen with all discussions showing. If I come to this forum I see 'Trending Discussions'. How do I set it to display all the discussions?

Cheers,
--
Neale
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 26, 2012 May 26, 2012

Sorry, that link on the overview page wasn't working - I've fixed it.

The ability to set the default tab for a forum is not available to normal users.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neale,

You beat me to this same question.

I believe that someone has given instructions in one of the "new & improved" discussions, but I cannot locate that now.

Before the recent change, one could go to the Discussions Tab, and set that as default. Those tabs are now gone.

I have poured over My Profile, and about everywhere else, and cannot find a setting for Discussions to be set to the default.

Will see if some kind soul will share their "trick." Wish that I had followed those instructions, when I first saw them, rather than believe that I could come back, when I had a moment - bad move on my part.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if it is broken functionality of the Discussions view link:

1.png

Cheers,
--
Neale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom forums discussion view has been coming and going for me, and the "Discussion view of this forum" link has disappeared.  I work around this by clicking on one discussion (thread) and then clicking "Discussions" in the breadcrumbs at the top:

Capture.PNG

and then I bookmark the URL, which has the "view=discussions" parameter:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/lightroom?view=discussions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that link on the overview page wasn't working - I've fixed it.

The ability to set the default tab for a forum is not available to normal users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave Merchant wrote:

Doesn't this look like a step backwards? I hope it will become available again very soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave Merchant wrote:

But as I recall it used to be. I presume there is a setting stored in my preferences somewhere recording (for the PRE forum) that it was my preferred view.

Why is it no longer considered suitable for 'normal users'?

Cheers,
--
Neale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nealeh wrote:

Asking "why" here is not likely to get you an answer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 27, 2012 May 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pat Willener wrote:

nealeh wrote:

Asking "why" here is not likely to get you an answer...

If this IS the Forum for Discussion of how the Forum discussions (not Product disscusions) work, each and every employee that works on the Web site and particularly  the  adobeforum design and operation, should be mandentory requirement of Job to be signed up and Monitor this Group under pentalty of dismissal. And field questions and to answer questions. The User are using the Forums to give and receive questions. But if the Forum isn't working right The User demand answers.  Just having this is saving Adobe millions of Dollars in  the need Tech support. They ought to keep it up properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I am able to see a list like this:

2012-05-27_0400.png

This view is sufficient for most people AFAIK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tab strip is not visible to normal users in this new skin (an Adobe decision, don't ask me why), and the button to set a default tab is part of the tab strip itself.

nealeh wrote:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I did to solve this was to follow the suggestion to add "?view=discussions" to the URL of every Adobe forums bookmark in my web browser.  It works very well and it's the functional equivalent of setting Discussions as a default tab.

For instance, for the Photoshop forum:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop/general?view=discussions

Thank you to whoever offered that suggestion. (JC?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2012 May 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Bookmarks for all the forums since the days of the fair forums.

Back then it looked like this (for this forum with the name Comments and Announcements about the Forums - User to User Forums):

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.ee6b30e

After April Fools' Day in 2009, I had to change, and then it became this, all by itself:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments?view=discussions

It still works, so I normally use the Bookmark to get from a thread (opened from whichever page) to the top of the forum.

The row of links ends with Forum Comments, nothing about Discussions, but it is there all right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines