• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clearspace's "Documents" tab could be a real gem

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2009 Mar 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I missed any discussion about this while trying to shield myself from the textual napalm, but...

The "Documents" tab as shown in the Clearspace forum's tabbed UI might be one of the best things about what we could see after the switchover.

I think about how many times Iand many othershave spent a not-insignificant amount of effort to compose lengthy, clear, highly detailed replies to questions about specific problems, techniques and workarounds. Often these can be accompanied by step-by-step instructions, with carefully arranged and annotated screenshots.

And then they slide down the front thread index page and thereafter speed headlong toward archive obscurity.

Instead...think about being able to keep these sorts of long-form FAQs in the "Documents" area? Not quite sure how it works...if the editing window remains open for longer than, say, 30 minutes, or if the individual "documents" will be a collaborative thing or what.

But I do know that it seems to have some potential for being a more advanced and useful version of the "Resource Repository."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are likely a lot of options available in the software that won't be used here. I don't know about tabs, but I probably wouldn't plan on them being available until John says whether they will be or not. But, ya, it might be an interesting thought for FAQ's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The format/structure of the forums is only one element in the big picture of resources for adobe apps. And different apps use different strategies. I liked the livedoc options to make the help files a better resource. But there have been few updates to the Premiere Pro livedocs, perhaps in part because Premiere has an effective Wikia that is used for the purpose of a user friendly resource/archive. (Also, Adobe stops updates to previous versions, even though many, many users continue to use them.) I like the idea of options that connect to the forums, but individual forums will make their own resources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2009 Mar 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soooo, J.C.:

I take it your lack of response here, and the non-existence of a "Documents" tab in the forums preview pretty much shoots down my question as moot, eh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 23, 2009 Mar 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It isn't in the initial launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines