• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closing threads - new user seeking help - experienced users breaking rules

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can a level 5 user, who is self-proclaimed rude and makes posts filled with derogatory comments while using moderator's first names threaten to have a thread closed while doing the things that they are doing?

The level 1 users, myself and the OP and whoever else may have been seeking help in that thread were using that thread to find common support for our in common issue.

Other members posted but some members were not trying to be helpful and guided the thread towards a lock.

Why would a moderator support locking a thread from threats made by a user acting this way? The people looking for help have to start over while the people who never had the issue act in a way that locks the thread. How does this work towards making a supportive community? Where the bullies are on a first name basis with the moderators and the moderators don't punish the offender but instead hinders the progress users are seeking towards their problems?

***** ********* wrote:

Feel better loudmouth? All that ranting and you are still no closer to being able to make decent masks are you? Every once in a while we get a real idiot like you on this forum who complain, complain and complain. Well frankly I couldn't care less what you say as long as other people don't make the mistake of thinking you know what you are talking about as you are clearly incompetent. You have not presented a single example of your work here and you have the audacity to criticize Socrates who's work does cut the mustard in the masking world. You sir are simply jealous of him as you don't possess the same level of skill, in fact that's your problem you are simple not very good?

I'm not a moderator here but if you persist in being rude to contributors-other than myself -I will request ******** or ******* to lock the thread as we can do without your brand of nastiness. Nobody is forcing you to take our advice, but frankly its not directed to you as you have a closed mind. When I make a suggestion its for people who come here for a constructive response with their problems not just to rant like a moron!!

No one was being as rude as the person making these comments and threats. I removed the names because that seems like it's breaking forum rules. But shame on this person and shame on anyone supporting this type of behavior.

New users should not be treated this way. No user should be treated this way. And your community would be better if you removed and/or limited the behaviors and comments of people known to act like that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

This isn't even directed at me but at the OP. She was rude towards me and I called her on it and so she started in on the OP.

I just think it's atrocious that our efforts can be removed because a "valued" member acted out. So new members can come to these forums with questions, but if other long-term members are friends with the moderators and we aren't then tough love?

Members being friends with Moderators and using that privilege to close threads should not go unnoticed or excused ><

When somebod

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to post a link so actual Moderators, and maybe the Forum Administrator, may read the entire message thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is the right place for that, I'm happy to do so.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2172601#expires_in=86399992&token_type=bearer&access_token=eyJhbGciO...

This is extra frustrating to me as I spent the weekend working on some video to demonstrate the issue I was having. Other members turned it into a personal "do better than me" gallery, hijacking the thread. To have "experienced" members being thanked for acting that way is appalling. I expect it on some kiddie forum but I expect much better from adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just skimmed the entire thread and I think some very constructive advice was given early on by the contributor you're referring to.  She's a passionate PS user and active forum participant.  Like all of us from time to time, our patience wears thin when people are disagreeable, stubborn and show no appreciation for what's been said.  

Unless you see a STAFF badge by the person's name, we don't work for Adobe.  This is largely a user-to-user community.  We don't have to spend time answering forum questions.  We do it voluntarily.

I agree that forum discussions should never digress into personal attacks or name calling.   Most of the time they don't.  But hey, we're all just human beings with all the failings that human beings have.   It's the Forum Moderator's prerogative to Lock a discussion when they feel it's necessary.  Fortunately, it's rarely necessary.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's abusive to be able to request threads to be closed just because you happen to be a contributor and make friends in "powerful" places. And then to have a thread closed because someone asked to have their picture "one-upped" and she didn't like the answer given. Absolutely childish behavior. In the mean time I and at least 7 others get locked out of a thread we were using to seek a solution that had not been answered yet.

Where's my chance to contribute when the thread has been unnecessarily locked? As I said, I expect better from forums dedicated to software I pay for.

Who moderates the moderators?

There's an action button with Report Abuse and several categories that could be checked off in just one post by someone who should be representing the type of community adobe would like to encourage. That button should be respected equally, not just to those who contribute a lot. It should never matter how much someone contributes if they break rules. Conduct should be maintained so that these threads aren't filled with unnecessary posts made by people whose "patience wears thin" but "doesn't have to spend time answering questions". Since she wasn't actually answering questions, but just making threats and rude comments anyway why was the thread even closed? She didn't have the issue. I did, The OP did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<Where's my chance to contribute>

The other discussion is locked.  So move on to other topics. Or start a new discussion.

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand how forums work in that regard... Thanks for your time Nancy O.

I'm certain you're not advocating it's okay for all of us to get on threads here and call people morons and idiots.

I am seeking a better solution that just "move on". Who do I talk to? Where do I voice that complaint? Or is it really just okay to have power hungry users steamroll a thread on selfish whims?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent years in these and other technical forums.  It's very rare that people act out. But we're not all wired & programmed  the same way.  Like it or not, some people have good days & bad days.  Still others have behavioral and emotional problems. When somebody occasionally acts out do you want them immediately removed from the forums?   Is that really what you want to see?  Because if that happened, there would be very few people left.  Almost none.

Remember the saying we all learned in school  "Sticks & stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me."  For a community this size to work, we must all be tolerant of occasional name calling even when it hurts a little.  I've been on the receiving end of name calling quite a few times.  In the end, it's all just water under the bridge... 

If you want to provide feedback or submit an idea directly to the Photoshop developers,  please go to this URL: Photoshop Family Customer Community

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't even directed at me but at the OP. She was rude towards me and I called her on it and so she started in on the OP.

I just think it's atrocious that our efforts can be removed because a "valued" member acted out. So new members can come to these forums with questions, but if other long-term members are friends with the moderators and we aren't then tough love?

Members being friends with Moderators and using that privilege to close threads should not go unnoticed or excused ><

When somebody occasionally acts out do you want them immediately removed from the forums?   Is that really what you want to see?  Because if that happened, there would be very few people left.  Almost none.

Well, I was removed... Thread locked from some emotional, behavioral problems from a "passionate" member that is rewarded with points despite the way they behaved and acted. Maybe if penalties were ACTUALLY handed out and Abuse Reports were followed through on by someone other than the friends of the community then there wouldn't be power hungry, self-serving users bullying new members with intimidation and high school comments like "You sir are simply jealous of him as you don't possess the same level of skill, in fact that's your problem you are simple not very good?" Reward systems are constantly abused and need balanced with actual penalties. You would find a better community with faster access to help and people able to provide that help. This is Adobe, this is not Steam or reddit.

At least I can say I've behaved in a way that should be appreciated. But instead, as a new member, this is the welcome I received here. And as I try to stand up for a little justice in an abused system I see that this site isn't concerned about making sure member's voices are heard but that you have to make friends by clicking like and helpful so their points climb and their sense of worth and value boosts their egos and then become first name friend basis with moderators so that any time I need to have my fragile ego bolstered I can call a new member out and shut down the time and effort they put into solving an issue that affects their income and way of life.

Who thinks this is just?  Why do you keep getting marked helpful Nancy O? Just points since nothing helpful has been managed and all my efforts here are unthanked right? Maybe you can see flaws in this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry you feel unjustly treated because a discussion was locked but there's nothing I can do about it.  That ship has sailed... I have other things I must do now so I'll simply close this by saying good luck to you and have a very nice weekend  .

Bye.

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines