• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

confusion re: posting and responding and private mail to MeyerPJ

Advisor ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, MeyerPJ, for your private mssg re: blue button to reply.. to me they are now all blue like what Ann says we should use... I kinda thought a blue one would be OK but I have to scroll up to top one? If I do that can I see the post I want to respond to ? Sometimes I need to reference what the last poster said and I'm not sure how to do that.

I also , when I get a private mssg, don't see a "reply" button and in options I can only mark stuff as read .. no way to reply. Sorry but I would have replied privately but I don't know how to do it.

Yikes.

I also don't understand about the 'nested' thing... like, when I look at posts I just scroll away from top to bottom and if I see something like " look at all replies" I just click that and see more stuff... is there some secret way to see everything without clicking on that " see all stuff " or what ??  I'm sorry but I don't use social media like twitter and facebook and stuff like that so I'm kinda stupid.

I do know that the forum sucks ... but that's mainly cause new posts don't go to the top ( and replies ) with some hint of who made the post and/or who responded last... and everything seems to get buried... 

The good thing is that if I make a reply and then click on the little bell icon I can see stuff about whether anyone did anything ( posted ) to some thread I was interested in and replied to.

Sorry for saying all this in public but I'm not very smart and couldn't figure out how to respond via private mssg.

: (

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Yeah, it's a bit confusing. It might be that we don't have the PM's anymore. Sorry about that.

The top Blue Button is the one to use. You can scroll back down if you need to see the text. We're all struggling with the way the Nested Posts work. There is an older six page thread here someone posted to today, and must have used the (obvious) 'Reply' button, but that puts the post somewhere in the middle of the thread, wherever they posted and thus we have to scroll thru the whole thread to find the new post. Using only the TOP blue reply button keeps things always posting at the bottom. You'll see quite a few reminders of that some have put into their signatures.

Thanks for your posts on various threads here, keep up the good work!

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have to say this cause so few people do it.

When I was in 1st grade ( I skipped Kindergarten due to my birthday being on cusp ) we kids would draw stick figures with crayons and if the teacher liked it she would give us a gold star on the page ( so we could take it home and show mom ). It was my first 'badge'. Later in life I got other accolades ( via graded work , like an A or B or C or ( the dreaded ) D... and if I got an F I would consider maybe not ever going home again ). Then later in college I got some kind of diploma ( another badge ). Then in the Army I got badges ( real ones ) for being good at shooting stuff and learning how to make dead people etc.  And if other stuff happenend ( like getting shot or blown up ) those people got badges too !  Like a Purple Heart, etc. 

I'm now getting badges from Adobe for a) my first post, b) my first reply, c) my first 1000 points, etc etc.. this to me is the epitomy of the most stupid and insulting ( to intelligence ) business model regarding the 'forum'.

Just saying... like I can't even reply to a message without jumping through hoops ( scroll to the top blue button ? ) but I can get badges like they are falling out of the sky !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, will go to top blue button !

Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now you have your first correct answer!

🙂

Believe me, we are all struggling with the new layout here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hehe,,, thanks !   God bless, and have a great weekend !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that when I tried to log in to forum I got sidetracked into some anti robot stuff ( choose images without stop lights etc. ) and then it said I would get a secret code to my email.. and after putting that into forum I would be logged in... but that seemed weird and scary so I stopped ( closed windows and deleted email with secret code ). was that a hacker trying to get into my computer ???

also, when I read a post and then hit back button on my browser, it doesn't go to the last post I was reading, it goes the very top of forum so I have to scroll down a lot to find that last post I was looking at...

Isn't there some way to go back to what you were last reading ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry about using wrong blue button to reply, but when I went to top blue button and said the same thing, it got marked as spam and deleted.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines