Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS4 Windows 7 Compatability

Participant ,
Sep 20, 2009 Sep 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks.

Ok so I've done a little research, so far the upgrade sounds like it's getting some positive feedback, with very little problems.  The only problems with the Windows 7 upgrade with CS4 are:

-CS4 Setup Discs will not launch - but downloaded "trial" setup files from Adobe's website will install no problem

-There is an issue with Dreamweaver launching and occasionally eating up memory for a few seconds, then releasing

-There is no codec for Photoshop - so .psd icons are not visable

-Photoshop launches automatically in 64 bit mode

I'm curious if there are any Adobe folks (or community experts) out there who have updates on these issues, and if there are any issues that I've missed?

I've purchased the W7 upgrade and will install it in a couple of weeks when it is released - I just wanted to make sure I'm not going to dig myself into a hole by installing the upgrade.  I know that Adobe developers can't snap their fingers and make things change overnight, but if anyone who has information can help me (and other viewers of this post) out, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Steve Dolan

Co-founder, Creative Suite User Group: San Jose

http://groups.adobe.com/groups/a7d1673953/summary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 20, 2009 Sep 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve

You should be posting this in the Suite forums:

Creative Suite forums.

...and check your spell checker! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2009 Sep 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steven,

Some Adobe programs have run well with some builds of Win7, but then some builds have killed much, that is Adobe. Much depends on what you are attempting to run, and on which build.

I would hope that by the time that Win7 is finally released, all Adobe programs will run. Until it is, it is a crap shoot.

Until Adobe gets the SDK for the final Win7, one cannot expect them to make changes to their various programs. Still, things might go slowly, depending on what MS decides to do.

Good luck, and check John's suggestion, re: the correct forum.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 22, 2009 Sep 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

stevedolan wrote:

Hi Folks.

Ok so I've done a little research,

But not enough to post in the correct forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines