Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom component not displaying in IE Flash Player on Windows 8

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

We have an e-learning application coded in Actionscript 2 that we have been testing on Windows 8. Everything is fine in Chrome, but the Flash Player in Internet Explorer doesn't display some text in one of the custom built components: a BiModal activity. The selectable options are visible, and the values are collected and displayed on the Feedback screen, but the text itself is not displayed on the selectable options. We coupld re-work the code, but this would require the re-compiling of all of our e-learning materials (hundreds of items - already live), so can anyone suggest why the Flash Player in Chrome works differently to Internet Explorer in Windows 8, or who to contact regarding possible adaptations/amendments to the Internet Explorer Flash Player?

Thanks.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

This forum is only about the forums themselves, and there are many.

I believe you should try to post in the most suitable other forum, see this forum overview page,

http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa

maybe in the We Design forum if it is not related to a specific application,

http://forums.adobe.com/community/design_development/webdesign?view=discussions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jacob

Unfortunately, I've found Adobe's help pages on the subject of posting a forum thread to be less than helpful:

http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-1015

This page directs you to "3. Click on “Start a discussion” in the Actions Panel in the right to post a question." unfortunately, the "Start a Discussion" link is neither in the Actions panel or anywhere else on the page, so after a search, I posted what I could in whatever space Adobe allows. Going directly into the Flash Player forum also suggests if you can't find a solution in the subject lists, then Ask! but provides no means of doing so.

Very frustrating, but thanks for letting me know I'm still in limbo - back to the drawing board I suppose

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for reporting. I've had the FAQ updated to mention sub-forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines