Dear John

Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2009 Apr 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear John,

Referring to complaints, pleas, and the losses mentioned here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/294108?decorator=print&displayFullThread=true,

1) Is it possible for Adobe to make the Jive people change the forum structure/options?

2) Has it been or will it be tried?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second that. It would be really helpful to know what is being worked on, what changes are finally ruled out, whatever we say - in general what progress is being made, and what can be made. Please?

We're being treated a bit like mushrooms here - you know, kept in the dark and fed on asterisks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Dorothy is meant to be your line of communication, that doesn't really work. She doesn't know much and puts a lot of backs up. So, talk to us, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

We're being treated a bit like mushrooms here - you know, kept in the dark and fed on asterisks.

Adobe North America has been closed all week. John Cornicello has also been unwell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. John did reply to a post about the shut-down, saying 'we have this thing called the internet' - implying that would not affect forum contributions. He was also very short with Phos, who reported an email to that effect, doubting his (phos's) motives in mentioning the shut-down.

I'm sorry he's ill though, I think he had a few days off sick and then came back, probably too soon. Maybe he already wasn't well when he replied to Phos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phos±four dots wrote:

I can only assume that the vacation means that we'll be living with the forums exactly as they are for the next 10 days or so with no further tuning or tweaks.

John:

Not sure I follow. I haven't been in the office since Tuesday. We have this "internet" thing that let's us access things from remote places. You've already seen forum changes in the email headers and content templates since afer office hours last night.

-----------

Phos±four dots wrote:

I'd gotten a couple replies from you over the past few days—which was great—and then early this morning I got that auto-reply I quoted. It took me by surprise, because I didn't know how to interpret the extent of exactly what "We're on Spring Break until the 20th" meant.

John:

Why not reply to the email and ask about instead of trying to start a panic in the forums? Makes me have question intentions.

Of course Phos didn't try to reply to an automatic out-of-office email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kath-H wrote:

Of course Phos didn't try to reply to an automatic out-of-office email.

Anyone would? Surely, John couldn't be feeling very well then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines