Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Here's what we released on Tuesday, Dec. 3rd on the Adobe Support Community:

Posting/Editing/Replying

• Enhancement: Auto-selecting 'large size' when uploading images to a post
  • Bug: Fixed when conversation is locked, edit message was still displaying
  • Bug: Fixed "Learn More" link in Community Guidelines to navigate to actual guidelines instead of Community Help

Notifications

• Bug: Fixed inability to reply to emails via 'Reply link' 

Searching/Reading

• New: Announcements included on the top of Community pages dependent on Community managers configuring them
  • New: The topic selection on Community pages updates URLs with topics
  • Bug: Fixed topic selections not persisting when using pagination on a Community page
  • Bug: UI fixes for Conversation cards on the Community page
  • Bug: UI fixes for Correct Answers on a Conversation page
  • Bug: UI fixes for Roles/Badges, Threaded Replies, and the More Menu
  • Bug: UI fixes for Resources component
  • Bug: Fixed inability to keep "Follow" state for Community pages

Profiles:

• Enhancement: Redesigned Account Settings
  • Bug: Fixed inability to receive email and pop-up notifications for when a community member "likes my post"
  • Bug: Fixed receiving email and pop-up notifications even when "Replies to Conversation I follow" is not checked
  • Bug: For new community members, rank is set to Community Beginner now

If you have any ideas about the Adobe Support Community or bugs to submit, please make a post in this community board and select the Feature Request or Bug topic.

TOPICS
Release Notes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the Entries that say BUG are they current or new bugs that have Not been fixed or previous bugs that have been fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Just Shoot Me, they're previous bugs that have been fixed. I'll reword the bugs so that's clear.

Melissa Rios, Product Manager, Community Experiences & Platforms | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

K thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please get rid of the animated avitar. I'm trying to read information here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We should have option in settings to block all animated forum avatars, so they don't move.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying from email works but it includes the complete email text. That includes an Auto Signature if you have that set. That will show up in the reply on the forums. So if you have a Sig set to go out with sent emails watch that it does not include your real name and your email address. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good callout of a problem - hmm, we can't recognize what's an intended reply and what's part of an inserted signature. Apart from relying on everyone removing the inserted signature before an email reply is sent, I'm not sure how we would be able to address this. Open to hearing any ideas from you and anyone else!

Melissa Rios, Product Manager, Community Experiences & Platforms | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the mailto string specify the body parameter as being empty (or a single space or NBSP, if that doesn't work). That should override the email application's/server's default message body and not include any superfluous text, not even the signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right Melissa. Just giving others a Heads up as to what will happen.

I personally never reply by email, just testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"we can't recognize what's an intended reply and what's part of an inserted signature"

Of course you can. Every system that accepts email submission should parse for the RFC3676 "-- \n" delimiter. Jive did it just fine, and this train wreck of an application is supposed to be an improvement on Jive.

1. Users will almost always have signatures that include GDPR-protected information.
  2. Users will not turn off signatures. If the signature block is inserted by a corporate MTA, they can't even see it.
  3. By publishing every received message without stripping the signature, you are breaking the law.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Bug: UI fixes for Roles/Badges, Threaded Replies, and the More Menu"

So, what was fixed for threaded replies?

They are still not showing the latest replies at the end of the thread, but buried in the middle of a thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah Bob that is the way it's going to be with this system. They have made the choice and can't change now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's this all about, forum seems to be getting worse rather than better2019-12-04 16_36_19-Community Feedback - Adobe Support Community.png

2019-12-04 16_36_33-Photoshop on Adobe Support Community.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean Ged and why the greyed out, SMALL, screen shots you included?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the way some of the forums opened for me, happened at least three times today, they just open as I posted above, it's to do with the announcements, no adjustments on my part, just big gray boxes with the announcement opened in gray and duplicated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here's another instance

2019-12-04 16_36_33-Photoshop on Adobe Support Community.png

2019-12-04 16_36_19-Community Feedback - Adobe Support Community.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I do get something similar with "Announcements". But that is what they are Announcements not actual posts. Mine aren't as dark as what you show.

2019-12-04 14_02_03-Community Feedback - Adobe Support Community.png

I'm using Chrome as a web browser.

IMO it is better to have these announcements stuck to the top of the forum post list page then hainvg them as a Featured post. Featured posts only show at the top of the discussion list at the time they were posted or if you have the totally inane Relevance sort order selected.

Why no one thought of this way before this is beyond me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but the announcements shouldn't open up like that, I didn't actually click on the announcement, as you can see there's no option to hide the announcement in my screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I would suspect it is a Browser setting or option. You said you are using Firefox and Inet Explorer?

They open and close, Show or Hide Details, on my system.

And then we have "What did you expect, for it to be tested before release (included)".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged,

Our team noticed the issue as well for select users (Adobe Employes, ACPs) interacting with announcements. We are investigating the cause and will update this community when fixed. 

Nicholas Ivanecky
Product Manager, Adobe Support Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started for me this afternoon on the forum home page - no interaction necessary. It wasn't a problem this morning. (Oz time). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting the same dark grey views as seen by Ged. It started earlier today. These forums are getting harder and harder to support 😞

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, please post screenshot.  Engineering says this is fixed but obviously not and I'd like to send them what you're seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Tricia

This is the top of the Photoshop forum

2019-12-05_21-52-04.jpg

This is the top of the ACP forum :

2019-12-05_21-54-01.jpg

In both cases I have not clicked to open anything that is what each forum looks like when I go to it

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines