• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting a comment?

Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to delete one of my comments on this forum, however I can't find a button to do that.

At the bottom of my comment, I have

Like, Translate, Report, Follow, Correct Answer, and More.

More is empty.

Alexander5FF2_0-1612126292593.png

Is deleting a comment possible? Am I missing something?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

To add to what everyone has mentioned: deleting content isn't possible for any user except for admins.
If you want to remove a reply because it has your private information, you can use the report button, add your explanation and an admin will review it.

If you want to edit, as it's been said, this can be done after you're a tenured user in the community.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to past abuses I think the ability for a user to edit a message has been removed

Post a link to the message, and your reason, so a Moderator may look

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to edit a message is reserved for users who meet a secret combination of the number of posts and other criteria.

Do as John has suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I have over 50 thousand posts and I don't have the right to delete my stuff. Just in case anyone was planning a spree of replies so as to get back the ability to delete an old post...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can edit posts except Adobe staff & moderators.  As a new contributor with only 15 posts, you have not earned enough stripes to edit your own posts yet.  But that will come with more forum participation.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even mods cannot delete post. I move them to the holding room.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I move them to the holding room.

By @Ann Bens

Which is, for all intents and purposes, the same as deleting.  As I understand it, the Holding Room posts are automatically deleted after a certain period of time.

Is that correct, @Sil.C ?  Or are they reviewed by an Administrator before deletion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand it, the Holding Room posts are automatically deleted after a certain period of time.

Is that correct, @Sil.C ?  Or are they reviewed by an Administrator before deletion?

By @Peru Bob

That's correct, they do not get reviewed. It's all explained in the Moderation FAQ post in the Back Room 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to what everyone has mentioned: deleting content isn't possible for any user except for admins.
If you want to remove a reply because it has your private information, you can use the report button, add your explanation and an admin will review it.

If you want to edit, as it's been said, this can be done after you're a tenured user in the community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reported a post almost a week ago and it is still up.  Any admins available to help?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post the link to that message here, with your reason and what you want edited

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously? You can't edit or delete comments? What is the rationale behind this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines