• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

do adobe actually want us to buy?

Participant ,
May 27, 2009 May 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having a nightmare trying to purchase Lightroom2. It doesn't appear to be stocked by resellers (dispite customer support on the phone saying it is - although they couldn't tell me by who!!), so I have tried via the adobe web store.

After several attempts it seems that I cannot purchase from the US site because I'm in New Zealand. (even though I have a US address, a US login - but I'm in NZ so therefore...) okay....so, after several attempts to buy from the adobe NZ store and repeatedly being linked back to the US site...which I can't buy from...I finally reached the ASIA site (I know a lot of Asians come to nz, but really...we are our own country) where I could purchase Lightroom...but at a MUCH higher price...64 percent more....WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got to be a mistake, so do it all again....and yep, almost NZ$300 dollars more for the exact same software.

After eventually getting through on the phone to customer support I was told it was because of the exchange rate....errrr....both prices on the web are US dollars, one is significantly higher then the other biut both are US dollars - nothing to do with exchange rate. Then I was told to go to one of the resellers....ur, Adobe don't ship lightroom to anyone in NZ, well not the resellers they list on their website, and I havn't found anyone else who stocks it, so...

Do I pay a massive penalty because of my location...or do I go to another company?

Really Adobe, how much do you actually want our business? Phase One don't charge more because of your location, infact of the many programs I have purchased from software companies, NONE....I repeat NONE have charged more because of my location.

I'd really appreciate someone from Adobe explaining why the massive price difference.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I put my questions to Adobe - seems they didn't want to answer other then to say 'exchange rate' then they closed the case

Here's the good news, I found a reseller that actually had a copy, at not too much more then the US price ($150 more instead of the $300 from Adobe) and in less then 5 Mins....yep, 5 mins, the software was bought and being sent across town to me.

And just in case anyone from Adobe reads this forum.....

Adobe, it's taken 5 days to find out you either won't sell to me or if you will but with a huge price penalty. Another company who stocks your product could do it in 5 minutes, and did a deal and got the sale.

Yes, Adobe, you do get your money in the end, but my goodness it's left a very bitter taste.

Oh, and please, don't send me any more emails promoting sales, or prices - It's total BS - you won't sell to me from the US so don't tell me about the US specials etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeffb2009 wrote:

Here's the good news, I found a reseller that actually had a copy, at not too much more then the US price ($150 more instead of the $300 from Adobe) and in less then 5 Mins....yep, 5 mins, the software was bought and being sent across town to me.

Good to hear that Jeff! Glad you got it!!

Cheers,

JJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines