• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anybody like the idea of CC

Participant ,
May 09, 2013 May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, lots of noise about CC (including from me - not happy!) but I am not seeing anybody making arguments in favour of it. No idea what those arguments would be (unless I were an Adobe executive of course), so I thought I'd start a thread so anybody who wants to express support for Adobe's move can do so...

...anyone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2013 May 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

William Boswell wrote:

Two things Adobe has done to piss off a lot of people this year with no warning:  They turned off the CS2 activation servers

How, exactly, does the first of your two things bother anyone?

You do know that now you can get a version of CS2 from Adobe that will never require online activation again, right?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I meant was they turned off the servers and didn't notify anyone then when people tried to use or install their software, it didn't work.  There was only one product in that suite that I actually owned, but didn't use anymore.  I didn't say I was pissed off because it didn't apply.

Yes, I do know about CS2 downloads being available.  My point is that Adobe is doing drastic changes and not giving anybody notice like when we were all "forced" into upgrading to CS6 to stay on the upgrade path.  If they had mentioned their plans last year I wouldn't have upgraded at least three of my programs because the versions I had (5/5.5) were sufficient.  We were lied to or misinformed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2013 May 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah I'm sitting on 5.5 as well. I saw no reason that 6 would make my company more profitable. This was often the case, went from pre-cs design studio to cs1 >cs3>cs5>cs 5.5. We're exactly the people that adobe hates, despite years of dedicated use, and thousands of dollars invested in the company. Now if people think that CC will continue it's development at the rate CS did, they're just delusional and don't understand how businesses operate. This is a pathetic money grab. I wish I could say it was shocking, but frankly it's totally in-line with adobe management decisions over the last 5 years, (ala uncheck box to not install mcafee crapware and make us some pennies!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

William Boswell wrote:

Two things Adobe has done to piss off a lot of people this year with no warning:  They turned off the CS2 activation servers

Please give credits where credits are due.  Yes CS2 activation servers are off but to remedy this, Adobe published download links and serial numbers for people who legally own CS2 products.  The generic serial numbers don't require any activation.

The links are here:

<http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/>

I don't want to comment about CC here because enough has been said on these forums and elsewhere.

This is Professional Pirate giving you information here for the first time.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines