• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

e-mail posting test -- (post whatever you want here)

Explorer ,
May 26, 2009 May 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, this is just to test e-mail postings.

You can post whatever you want here for testing purposes ...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

code can always be sent within special code blocks which wouldn't be parsed

(code) (/code)

I can't write squared brackets, sorry...

but why not strip scripts for the rest and don't parse plaintext ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Christian Davideck wrote:

code can always be sent within special code blocks which wouldn't be parsed

(code) (/code)

Well yea, that is the goal. But its current implementation is broken. Apparently Jive had no cause to test it with some of the common methods used for code - including a simple iteration variable, i, in brackets.

but why not strip scripts for the rest and don't parse plaintext ?

Why? WHY? There is no why, there is only Jive.

Guessing, I would say they wanted to translate plain text old-style *bold*, _underline_, and /italics/ notation into actual bold, underline and italics symantecs for the pretty Web display. I don't know where they came up with using +italics+. Maybe it existed elsewhere, but it's a new one on me. Plus implement some sort of method to display hyperlinks in anchor elements - that doesn't work as I expected.

Just another bit of evidence that HTTP is not the ideal method for this type of communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why? WHY? There is no why, there is only Jive.

LOL

Guessing, I would say they wanted to translate plain text

old-style bold, underline, and /italics/ notation into actual

bold, underline and italics symantecs for the pretty Web display. I

don't know where they came up with using italics. Maybe it existed

elsewhere, but it's a new one on me. Plus implement some sort of method

to display hyperlinks in anchor elements - that doesn't work as I

expected.

Just another bit of evidence that HTTP is not the ideal method for this type of communication.

thanks for the explanation.

they should get away with this bold, underline and /italics/ stuff, but allow

<b></b>
<i></i>

etc. instead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I put this queery in several threads, then started a new thread called "About emails linked to the fora they come from" I'm not very familiar with forum procedures and so on.  Someone gave me this link as a more appropriate place to look into.

Here is my new thread post:

I would like to understand the relationship between the questions answered in the fora and the subsequent emails I receive as a result of it. I can see the content of those emails in the relevant forum I attend, but when I answer those emails my content does not appear in that forum, yet the bottom of the emails I receive stipulate that to reply the email is the prefered manner to add to the forum.

ie "To post a reply to the thread message, either reply to this email (recommended) or visit the message page:"

This bothers me a little as when I reply an email I tend to be more personal to the person who sent it to me, but if I know it will be also in the thread, which I thought it should I would try to alter my reply appropriately.

I remember vaguely reading in one of the first such email I received (in the header perhaps) something about brackets not to be removed but can't find where it is anymore.

thank you for any light ont he subject

MM

Not part of the conversation: I copied the above bold text from one of those email, but right click in this space did not show "Paste"? (yes Ctrl V did work

But after reading many inputs in this thread I can see that it could be a while b4 I get a workable answer. Perhaps someone should explain clearly in layman language what will work and what will not. It must be working because I received quite a few replies by email and I could see them too in the forum involved, so why not mines??? all I do is click "reply" (in gmail) and enter plain text most of the time.

MM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps this will mean something to somebody and his the reason why my emails don't get to the forum:

Mail Delivery System

to me
show details 16:30 (1 minute ago)
Follow up message
This is the mail system at host mail.sgaur.hosted.jivesoftware.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<clearspace-910386857-292789-2-1989572@mail.forums.adobe.com>: host
   10.137.24.42[10.137.24.42] said: 553
   <clearspace-910386857-292789-2-1989572@mail.forums.adobe.com> address
   unknown. (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; clearspace-910386857-292789-2-1989572@mail.forums.adobe.com
Original-Recipient: rfc822;clearspace-910386857-292789-2-1989572@mail.forums.adobe.com
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; 10.137.24.42
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 553
   <clearspace-910386857-292789-2-1989572@mail.forums.adobe.com> address
   unknown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 27, 2009 May 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to understand the relationship between the questions answered in the fora and the subsequent emails I receive as a result of it. I can see the content of those emails in the relevant forum I attend, but when I answer those emails my content does not appear in that forum, yet the bottom of the emails I receive stipulate that to reply the email is the prefered manner to add to the forum.

ie "To post a reply to the thread message, either reply to this email (recommended) or visit the message page:"

The email system was apparently not accepting incoming emails this past weekend. It was fixed, though. Are you still getting the bounces? I personally recommend against using email to reply for the time being. It's OK for plain, simple text I suppose.

This bothers me a little as when I reply an email I tend to be more personal to the person who sent it to me, but if I know it will be also in the thread, which I thought it should I would try to alter my reply appropriately.

When working, your email reply goes into the thread and an email copy will be sent to everybody who has subscribed to that thread or forum. Just like using the Web version to reply.

I remember vaguely reading in one of the first such email I received (in the header perhaps) something about brackets not to be removed but can't find where it is anymore.

thank you for any light ont he subject

They got rid of that part of the subject header so you can now "Group by" subject in your email program. Not exactly threading, but it helps.

Not part of the conversation: I copied the above bold text from one of those email, but right click in this space did not show "Paste"? (yes Ctrl V did work

Yep. That's how it works in here.

But after reading many inputs in this thread I can see that it could be a while b4 I get a workable answer. Perhaps someone should explain clearly in layman language what will work and what will not. It must be working because I received quite a few replies by email and I could see them too in the forum involved, so why not mines??? all I do is click "reply" (in gmail) and enter plain text most of the time.

As of this writing, think of the email notifications as just a way of telling you that somebody has replied to a thread or forum you're subscribed to. It cannot even be depended on to accurately represent what the other person said in their post. Best bet is to log into the Web forum to read and/or post. The email system just isn't quite ready yet. All my opinion, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received quite a few replies by email and I could see them too in the forum involved, so why not mines??? all I do is click

"reply" (in gmail) and enter plain text most of the time.

For some bizarre reason, you don't get a notification of your own posts. I suppose they reckon that you know what you wrote, but it

means that any 'conversation' between you and another user looks like a monologue in your mail client. I /think/ they've promised to

correct this.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<blockquote>For some bizarre reason, you don't get a notification of your own posts. I suppose they reckon that you know what you wrote, but it means that any 'conversation' between you and another user looks like a monologue in your mail client. I /think/ they've promised to correct this.</blockquote>

I'd love to see this corrected, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ildhund wrote:

For some bizarre reason, you don't get a notification of your own posts. I suppose they reckon that you know what you wrote, but it

means that any 'conversation' between you and another user looks like a monologue in your mail client. I /think/ they've promised to

correct this.

I am under the impression that they're looking into it, too, but I don't see it listed specifically in the FAQ What are some updates as to what is happening in the new forums? Of course, it could be one that fits in the last item in that list.

I would like this capability, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is what I remember:

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines