• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Easy access to Illustrator, and others

Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It ought to be possible to access the Illustrator General Discussion forum from the main forum page just like other main applications, rather than having to scroll through a dropdown list after wasting time looking for it elsewhere, such as Design forums. Complaints are being made by users, after they have finally found their way (back) to it.

There may be other product forums deserving the same prominence. GoLive could be one of them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i would prefer to have all the major programs that are in the creative suite be included on the front page of the forums.

Why would you want to have GoLive there? it's been discontinued, no chance whatsoever for it to be added there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a way to see all the forums without the drop-down. Not much good for the drive-by posters, but helpful for regulars, anyway:

1. Click either the white-on-black "Forums" link above, or the left-most Adobe Forums in the bread crumbs.
  2. Click "Your View"
  3. If you don't already see a "Forums" block there, click "Personalize" and drag the "Forums" widget down to your page.

If you decide to "Edit" that widget you can choose to "Show children", but on my system, that really slows down the page. You can add other customizations there, too. I've done so, and use that page as my browser's bookmark into the forum.

--
Mark A. Boyd
Keep-On-Learnin' 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy hell, widgets are the bees knees and whatnot!

I just built a couple of "Recent Activity"-based  widgets and they make it about 10x easier to follow a forum than any of the other methods I've tried so far.

• Drag down a Recent Activty widget.
  • Rename it whatever your Activity will be for (eg, InDesign Recent).
  • Change the pop-up menu to whatever forum you're going to track and the amount of entries to whatever you want.
  • Now you can see who replied and when to all conversations. Clicking each entry takes you directly there so you can get closer to your last reading too.

I also tore the whole layout down. I'm in 3-column view with Private msgs and all forums in the left column, Recent InDesign in the middle and Recent Forum Comments in the far right.

Thanks for the info, Mark!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's mutual, Eric. I apparently didn't try to Edit the Recent Activity widget, so thanks for that, too!

If you haven't seen it yet, this thread might interest you:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/418002?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I find the easiest access is to set things up through the rss feed. I can pick and choose which forums (or threads for that matter that I wish to follow). I'll have to look into the widgets thing, but RSS really keeps things simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines