• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Email notifications for my own replies

Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why am I getting email notifications for my own replies / posts?

Whenever I post a reply on a conversation, I get an email that I've posted in a conversation I follow. I already know that - I was the one who posted the reply.

It makes sense to have the notifications if someone replies to me or a conversation I follow, but it makes no sense to get them for my own replies.

notification.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

I'm with you, and this is something I've requested to change more than once. Unfortunately at this time, if you have email notifications enabled you will also be notified of everything you do. Thanks the feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU control emails
Click your avatar picture at the upper right
Click Account Settings
Click Notifications
Change the email settings to what you want
Click SAVE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which one of these says "Notify me when I reply to something"?

dstoic_0-1592575632683.png

These should apply to other community members, not me.

When I post a reply to something, I should not be getting notifications about it, but only when others do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with you, and this is something I've requested to change more than once. Unfortunately at this time, if you have email notifications enabled you will also be notified of everything you do. Thanks the feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, so it is by "design". It's just that I never saw such behavior in any other forum I've used so I thought it has to be some sort of a bug.

I also can't see the usefulness of it, unless someone wants a complete copy of conversations they participated in sent to their email, which I find hard to believe.

Anyways, thanks for the reply. I guess I'll just switch all email notifications off then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only suggestion I have is to Turn Off every notification option in your Account settings and in any email you get there is a link to stop, unsubscribe from ALL notification from this forum system. Click on that link in every email you get. Give it a day to see if they stop and then enable just the notifications you want to receive in your account settings, Notifications.

If I Recall Correctly originally when this system went live there was a setting to receive emails of the posts/replies you make to any conversation. That setting isn't there anymore as far as I can see.

So if you had Not disabled that setting originally you can't get to it anymore without disabling all notifications.

I had turned that option off as soon as I started getting notices of my own posts. That was in September of last year. So I do Not get notification of my own posts/replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, you'd think for that time such nuisances would've been taken care of. I already disabled all my email notifications, but the problem reappears if that "Email me when someone replies" option is checked under the editor. And for some reason it is always on by default.

For the reply I'm typing right now, if I don't uncheck it, I will get an email about my current reply and for ones that follow, even though in my account the email notifications are disabled...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines