Apr 27, 2009 Apr 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1921550

contains references to UNC paths. In the web forum, these get translated to

links with href=#, and when the post arrives as an email, all the message

contains is the '#' and not the '\ \server \ share' I would have expected to

see. Could someone please ask the powers that be to rectify this?

Noel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 30, 2009 Apr 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this helps you at all, but all of these posts that appear as links on the Web come to Opera as simple octothorpes with no hyperlinks.

From message 8

And now from IE6...

#

#

From message 25

#

Let me know if this comes through in Email.

All of the messages that do not appear as links on the Web look just fine in Opera - also not hyperlinked.

I am tempted to send one from Opera, but it might start auto-repeating, so I will refrain. Opera only sends plain text anyway, now that I think of it, so it probably wouldn't help. I suspect it is the sending email clients adding the link references that the forum software has to deal with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 01, 2009 May 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, everyone! I think the issue has been identified and should be rolled out in the next scheduled build of the forum software (which could take a few weeks).

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 01, 2009 May 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does this new roll out also figure out a was to hide the code numbers at the end of threads in the brackets so that any email/newsreader can sort them properly??

SeaMonkeypicture001.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 29, 2009 Apr 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you've sure demonstrated a difference there. The FF post produced a link out of the UNC in the email, but not on the web. With IE you get a link on the web but just a '#' in the email. Either way, it's wrong - unless you can think of any scenario where a UNC in a forum post should be a clickable link. I can't.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is no reason.

The Jive folks weren't able to reproduce this originally. That's why I came back here trying it with various browsers. Now I have more details to go back to them with.

Thanks!

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jumping over to Mac/Safari for one more test ...

\\oldserver\photos

\\newserver\photos

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to see you beavering away at getting things fixed. Now, don't work too hard - and are you wearing your vest (undershirt) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines