• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Email service disruptions today?

Engaged ,
Jun 17, 2009 Jun 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to post via email several times today with bizarre results. First a reply to a thread in this forum - it didn't appear, and I didn't get a non-delivery report. I then forwarded the same post as a new thread starter in the Testing sub-forum. Same again. Then I did the same again - and this time it appeared, not once but three times (so far). That is, three copies of the last transmission - the failed messages were all slightly different.

triplicate_post.PNG

Some of my replies have gone through, others have just disappeared without trace.

I'm hoping that the email gnomes have been wielding their screwdrivers today to improve the email service - perhaps an admin could confirm?

Noel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Email for the new U2U forum is a bit on the funky side. I  recommend using the web possibly with an RSS feed until it gets fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Michael. I've been posting via e-mail since day 1 (that's more than two months now), but today is the first time I've had any problems getting through. Same client, same account, same ISP all the time. That's why I thought there might have been some tweaking going on.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

U-oh, I seem to have been bitten by a mutation of the multiple-post bug in the Testing sub-forum. It's a bit more serious this time, though - it was an OP, not a reply, so it can't be treated by simply locking the thread. It's threads that are multiplying.

I'll happily provide what evidence I can to help the techies find out what's happening - I just hope that by curing the S.D.A variant they haven't unleashed a more virulent form.

Treat my avatar as a quarantine flag!

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel, most likely the only way to stop this one will be to disable your account. If you don't already have another one set up that you can use for now, you might want to do that. I'll send a note to John since he is the only one that can do it that is relatively reachable now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got in. I will see if I can just make the Test forum Read-only for the time being and not turn off the account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Just made the one account read-only. Others should still be able to post in the Test forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks... hopefully having to disable user accounts will kick the priority up a bit higher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines