• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Esoteric question(s)

New Here ,
May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've learned almost by accident), that Adobe acquired some Psion software (software went to Mobile Innovations from Psion, MI was acquired, etc.).

The software in question was called Agenda and was a pretty good calendar program for the handheld Psion.

I am interested in maybe porting the program to the Kindle and was wondering if Adobe still has the source....  I know it's a long long shot.

A second statement / question:  At one time Adobe was the master of grey scale (via PostScript and Macs) - you might be able to leverage some of that knowledge into tools to help Kindle publishers.  I guess many publish in color (which Kindle apps support, but not Kindles of course), but I'm sure there are nuances that may have been forgotten since those days when greyscale was "leading edge" for desktop publishing; maybe at least some sort of "driver" to output publications for Kindle?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boy, you have got me on where to post those questions, but this forum is for, well, discussing the forums themselves, so is obviously not the correct place. Usually, a poster's request is easy to just point to some other forum, say, "you need to post this to the Illustrator forum," but here, I am at a loss. Maybe some kind, and knowledgable soul will step up with the right URL - John T. Smith, where are you?

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2011 May 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>John T. Smith, where are you?

Right here... scratching my head in befuddlement (is that a real word?)

I never used (or even heard of) those products... or a Mac... so can't help on this one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are probably looking at a shot in the dark. I'd recommend writing to corporate headquarters and hope that someone is willing to help you out.

Corporate headquarters

Adobe Systems Incorporated
345 Park Avenue
San Jose, CA 95110-2704

There is a chance that one of the Adobe employees that frequent these forums will step up to the plate to give you better advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines