• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File is damaged and can not be repaired.

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2009 Jun 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe 8

Did a system restore to a past date. That didn't fix the problem. Installed adobe 9.1...didn't fix the problem.

I have Vista 64 bit. HP Pavillion mf9400

Also installed the recommended Adobe Digital thingy...that didn't fix the problem.

So what is the problem? And is there a stupid Vista fix?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BigDog,

you are in the Forum Comments section of this support board.  You should really post your question in appropriate forum, which you can find on the following page:  http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa

I am not sure, based on your question, but it looks like you might want the Acrobat forum??

good luck,

hopper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you guessed right Hopper, that has to be a brilliant bit of sleuthing.

In any case, that post has to qualify as the most unintelligible ever!

He should read http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419406

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

In any case, that post has to qualify as the most unintelligible ever!

Well, s/he is asking for a stupid fix...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got 5 bucks that says they should be in the free Reader forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti wrote:

I can't think offhand of an equivalent English saying, so here goes my translation from a Spanish one: that's an already won bet. At least in the old forums, a majority of postings there were about "my Adobe", and the most usual problem was "it isn't working"...

Message was edited by: Claudio González. Reason: correcting a beginner's error in translating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti wrote:

well, shyeah, the Acrobat Reader forum! 

Oh wait, they don't call it that anymore do they?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 15, 2009 Jun 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greenjumpyone wrote:

~graffiti wrote:

well, shyeah, the Acrobat Reader forum! 

Oh wait, they don't call it that anymore do they?

Its Reader now Adobe thought users would be to dumb to know the difference between Acrobat and Reader. So they dropped the Adobe Name from Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks PJ.  Someone had to set the record straight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

at least they didn't call it Photoshop Reader...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop Reader is broke!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such thing as a HP mf9400.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the mf stands for multi-function. In other words its a Printer, Fax, scanner combined.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must be pretty old as even google failed to turn up anything. Never mind the HP website. Multi-function: I thought Mf stood for something different

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HP Pavillion mf9400 it's a computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean Phil was wrong? No way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 16, 2009 Jun 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who says I can't be wrong. I'm not prefect. But in the abscence of not telling what it was and talking about printing a document it was a natural stretch to assume it was a multi Function Printer.

That is what makes me more believable is that I admit I can be wong in some cases. While other here its impossible to have a wrong answer. They are not wired that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But in the abscence of not telling what it was and talking about
printing a document it was a natural stretch to assume it was a multi
Function Printer.

in the absense of all the facts you (the plural, not you, the PJ) should just not say anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next time in a similar situation I'll open another Browser type the numbers in google and find out what it is.

I can run two or three browsers at the same time if needed. Besides SeaMonkey, I have FireFox, Safari, and Opera. iCab and OmniWeb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave,

That image is funnier because, not knowing what your interlocutor wrote , I can give free rein to my imagination.

Thanks again for the script.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:

dave,

That image is funnier because, not knowing what your interlocutor wrote , I can give free rein to my imagination.

Thanks again for the script.  

lol! when i saw it was you who responded, i was able to guess about what your post was going to say and i was laughing before the screen came up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey PJ!

Didn't you hear about tabbed browsing yet? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

Hey PJ!

Didn't you hear about tabbed browsing yet? 

seamonkey, something, something, something. seamonkey, something, something, complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, SeaMonkey, FireFox,  started the ca.. And I detest it so I have it turned off in every browser I have. It use more resources to load and retain those pages. Safari,OminiWeb, Opera, iCab do as well and each additional page puts an extra drain on the application slows everything down. So I have turned it off in every one I can turn it off in.  I'd rather have one item replace contents of previous window.

I was one of those vocal about not having it in Mozilla products when it first came out. I along with hundreds of others, But Web browser companies pay not heed to the customers using, and decide what ever the web designers think is the spiffy new idea to use they will go with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines