• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum connection still very slow

Enthusiast ,
Jul 06, 2009 Jul 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of the many forums I visit during the day, getting entry to the Adobe forums is the most infuriating!

Contacting "forums.adobe.com"

is a message that should only appear on rare occasions.  In other words, FIX the forum, software or go to something that works.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't fix a pile of broken Jiveware crap, any better than you can clean a pile of dirt.  If Adobe manages to fix the issues with this thing, I'd like to hire them to build me a time machine starship, fix the US government, build Lt. Data, and turn some water I have here into wine.  That crap should be easy after this mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob_Peters wrote:

Contacting "forums.adobe.com"  is a message that should only appear on rare occasions.  In other words, FIX the forum, software or go to something that works.

Contacting "forums.adobe.com" is a message that should only appear on rare occasions. In other words, FIX the forum, software or go to something that works. everyone might go somewhere else that works.

There, fixed that for you.

hopper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greenjumpyone wrote:

Bob_Peters wrote:

Contacting "forums.adobe.com"  is a message that should only appear on rare occasions.  In other words, FIX the forum, software or go to something that works.

Contacting "forums.adobe.com" is a message that should only appear on rare occasions. In other words, FIX the forum software or, go to something that works. everyone might go somewhere else that works.

There, fixed that for you.

hopper

actually this sounds even better (changes in red)

phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what I'm doing right but, apart from an intermittent slow down most days at about 21:00 UTC, these forums seem pretty fast for browsing compared to how they were at the beginning of the Jive era.

I still don't like them though, and pine for the happy days of WebX.

The main annoyance related to speed is the slow loading of elements like the reply box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2009 Jul 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what I'm doing right but, apart from an intermittent slow down most days at about 21:00 UTC, these forums seem pretty fast for browsing compared to how they were at the beginning of the Jive era.

I still don't like them though, and pine for the happy days of WebX.

The main annoyance related to speed is the slow loading of elements like the reply box.

That pretty much describes my experience and attitude as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speed wise this thing has been generally usable since I started using Chrome (and only usable on Chrome).  But in addition to the occasional 404, pages do fairly often seem to just sit...loading..loading...loading.  I usually just reload and it works, but come on, this is production software?  There's forums that are more stable and reliable out there for free!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 07, 2009 Jul 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forums, least on my end, were slow loading late last night. I said screw it and went to bed. So far no problems this morning. This slow loading seems to be random.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than the slowness of the format. could some part of it be network Traffic.

I notice in the morning that it loads much faster, than in  the afternoon.

Sometimes I receive a blank screen with message in Status bar that indicates it is looking for adobeforums.com then is sitting waiting for something to happen.

Makes no difference whether SeaMonkey, or FireFox.

This all happens in afternoon. In afternoon. In Morning its as if I am sitting next door to the point of origin.

Maybe when they no longer depend on phone lines and everything goes fiber optic all across the USA, we won't have that problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all across the USA

I suppose that's all that matters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PJ: "all across the USA"

Kath-H: "I suppose that's all that matters."

Kath, of course that's all that matters.  Did you learn nothing from our greatest president ever, Geo. W. Bush?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, That's not all that matters, but it would go a long way toward helping. See despite people having Modem, Cable, DSL, T1, T5 Line and FOIS at some point in the chain, we are still stuck using Copper Pos line for most of the connections. If all the US was wired fiber Optic , it would help the internet all over the world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

facepalms for sale! get yer facepalms, half off!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copper Pos line

maybe i'm wrong, but i don't think that's what you mean...

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/P/POTS.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't think that's what you mean...

In your case, PJ, it rarely is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

left out a "t" supposed to be copper POTS (Plain old thelephone system) lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

left out a "t" supposed to be copper POTS (Plain old thelephone system) lines.

Thank god you pointed that out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least we got an extra h in t(h)elephone to make up for it

OK, sorry, no more jokes about your poor spelling, you can't help it. (No luck with spellchecker?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

spellchecker didn't use to work in html but would in plaintext, seems to work now.

My problem is not use of a spellcheck it's proofreading.

when I proofread I read in my mind what I aimed to say. The only time I catch a mistake is after its posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's ok. Nobody had a eye poked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and can't seem to spell Telephone either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a lot of rural areas with homes that still have the old style phone tone dialing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last element to load—and the one that causes most of the dealys—is the darned favicon.  It was also responsible for delays in the WebCrossing forums.

Such a tiny elemeny could surely be moded to a different, less busy server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 08, 2009 Jul 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need 3 more button-pushers please, since we're on our own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines