Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum Entry Line Breaks... Weird

Explorer ,
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When

typing in the original forum text entry box, the system breaks lines in very strange places. Hopefully, this posting is displaying the way it originally showed up while typing it in. I'll post a response to answer that question.

Sometimes line breaks occur after just a few words. Sometimes line breaks occur in the middle of a word.

Thanks,

Drew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. The forum entry is displayed the way it looked when I typed it in.

I did not hit return after the first word of that message. In this reply, the system broke

the first line after the "it in." I did not hit return after that. The next line was broken a

fter the word "broke." THE THIRD LINE WAS BROKEN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WORD "AFTER".

Thanks,

Drew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been discussed extensively in the forum for months.  Some browsers

do not exhibit the bonus "Jive Forum" carriag

e return.

It seems to help if you hit retrun twice before entering text to eliminate the unwanted carriage return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Predicated on another post, I think that you are on FireFox. I had the same thing in IE 7, but have not had the phantom line-break issue with Google Chrome.

As mentioned above, it seems that some browsers are immune to it, but others are not.

Many have also found that the mentioned Dbl-Enter/Carriage Return solves the issue on their browsers.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines