• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum Hits the Wall

LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2009 Sep 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, about 4:15PM AZT (PDT now), the forum has hit the performance wall.

Pages take about 10 mins. to load, and many of the editing features just will not work. Scheduled maintenance?

Glad that I got most of my work done earlier.

Hunt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The slowness has been a complaint since the very start of the new forum software.  Some days it's okay, but most, it's slower than any other forum I frequent.  I don't understand why.  Perhaps those in power can enlighten me?

I do recall something about loading images being part of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopper, i think that Hunt is talking about the extreme slowness of the forums at this moment. They are so slow that I cannot enter using Safari/Vista because I am timed out. A sceduled but unannounced maintenance, no doubt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

You are correct. As of this afternoon, the fora are almost unusable. I've been spending most of the "wait time" on ChowHound, as Adobe is running as slowly, as I can recall, even during the maintenance  periods.

Hopper is correct that the new & improved fora have not been as fast as before, but something that I could live with.

Tonight is about the worst.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, logged on at 4:30 and it is now  5:30 PDT, and I have never seen it this slow.  Like you said it takes 10 min. to load a page.  The worst I have ever seen it before is 40 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forum crawling today... each page takes ages... even a click on Last post... or reopening a previous link... time: 0200 GMT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forums are as slow as I have ever seen since I've been on Forums I can't even get in using SeaMonkey clicking on links in email notices. The Browser Times out Even with notice asking whther I typed link correctly.

The only reason I got in now, is I used Camino and went to Forums through adobes main site. Even then I have to wait 5 minutes before anything happens.

It looks like a Server has blown up or someone has cut some communication lines.

They need to get rid of those Windows Server 2003  machines ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

I had a few sea monkies in the tank. While waiting on the fora, they all died! I think that it was due to boredom.

Not sure what hardware, or software, that Adobe is using, but tonight is about the worst, that I have experienced. Maybe I just missed some of the other really low points.

It took me five mins. to get this page up, to reply to you.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice that the main adobe.com pages are unaffected, ie just slow, whereas the forums.adobe.com pages are incredibly slow as already noted.

It's all part of the decline and fall of customer support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 23, 2009 Sep 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... slow even here and ... logged out while posting. What a heap of cack this forum is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am waiting for more than 60 seconds for any change, like opening this window, as compared with the "normal" 8 to 14 seconds, and with the well under one second when in WebCrossing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

Forums are as slow as I have ever seen since I've been on Forums I can't even get in using SeaMonkey

Phillip...

That's where your problem lies... SeaMonkey. You should try TerraChimp... much faster...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still quite slow today. 

It took a full 2 minutes just for that frown face to appear. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SeaMonkey that people like to make fun of SeaMonkey, it is a Mozilla

Product just like FireFox, and Camino. Its like the old Netscape

Navigator, Communicator, and Mozilla all-in-one.

I am still not able to get into site this morning through web Browser

portion.

I've Tried: SeaMonkey, FireFox, Camino, Safari, OmniWeb, Opera, & iCab

I believe they have a or Jive has a server that has gone south or that

someone has cut some phone lines (Pots, FIOS, whatever) somewhere and

its killed the browser section. Now email seems the only way to get in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe they have a or Jive has a server that has gone south or that

someone has cut some phone lines (Pots, FIOS, whatever) somewhere and

its killed the browser section. Now email seems the only way to get in.

PJ,

I am not on email, am using the web browser and I am still able to get in.  It's slower than molasses in a Montana winter though ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW!  Someone must have flipped a switch, as it's running much faster now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forums seem to be back to normal now, but I still fail to see any comment from any host/moderator/Adobe employee. Considering that it was such a long and such an enormous failure, I find this surprising.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW!  Someone must have flipped a switch, as it's running much faster now.

Yes it is. I'd guess that the gerbils, that power the generators must have gotten their gerbil-chow, or something.

Things (regarding speed ONLY) are much better now.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it's back to normal again. The gerbils must have finally gotten their whiskey.

All jokes aside, I do want to say that we take these outages and perfomance degradations very seriously and are actively following up behind the scenes. We do have an area where moderators can report serious system issues and that Curt Wrigley (thank you, Curt) reported this to us through this channel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do have an area where moderators can report serious system issues and that Curt Wrigley (thank you, Curt) reported this to us through this channel.

I have to give props to Curt. He's a MOD on several fora, that I frequent, and does a great job. He also responds to PM's to jump in and help folk on these fora.

So, there are no gerbils... ?

Thanks for responding. To some of us, the activities on these fora are very important, and outages, however unavoidable they might be, can really cut into the "fun." Aside from my "fun," I worry about some poor users with deadlines and problems, not being able to get some support.

Keep the faith,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can these Jive-assed forums get any worse?

Yes! Every single day!

Attn Adobe:

Web Crossing worked fine. Jive Clearview does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now it took me five minutes to get back to the Forum Comments main page. Also, no way to access the forums in Safari/Vista; I get a "Server not responding" message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if anyone else has noticed that this slowness is also affecting hosts/mods/Adobe personnel? It's now 12 hours since Hunt reported the problem, and I have seen no comment from any of them. Curious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems a bit better now. I've been trying to make a post here for 43 minutes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep Just return to normal for now. My last post was through email of the email notification. That seemed to work regardless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines