Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

forum software

Engaged ,
May 12, 2011 May 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's get some forum software which allows you to quote somebody.  You know - like every civilized bulletin board on the internet.

You need to be able to quote somebody in order to give comments the obvious context and background they have - this is important for internet communication.  And internet communication is a big part of the value of this software.  So, let's get it working.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 24, 2011 May 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith wrote:

This "Jive Software's Clearspace ® 2.5.16" certainly has it's share of errors, but I do agree with one comment, in that I am able to read and post

A newer version with fewer bugs would certainly be nice... as long as that newer version does not cause the servers to "overload" and stop working

Maybe that's the reason for keeping the buggy software. They don't have enough servers and afraid if they have something that works as it should, everything will blow up.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith wrote:

A newer version with fewer bugs would certainly be nice... as long as that newer version does not cause the servers to "overload" and stop working

Good point... There's an unwritten law about almost all software: If it's newer, it's more complex and requires more resources.  It's not ALWAYS true, but often it is.

I was once at a company where a director of a division other than the one in which I worked exclaimed, "Don't worry about making it efficient, someone will come out with a faster computer."  He wasted 100 million dollars on a project that never could be made to work and was fired along with his entire division after a year and a half.

-Noel

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Back button that takes one back.

A message box that doesn't fill the whole screen (I seem to recall having read that the height was supposed to be resizable and the change should stick, but the "sticking" was broken).

A decently working Search engine.

Just a few of the things we have been complaining from the beginning.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines