• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum tips

Mentor ,
Jun 04, 2009 Jun 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think if we're going to be asked to respect and love the points it might be a good reciprocal start to dole out a few to the deserving. Can you undermine their legitimacy? I think not.

"The real issue here sailed right over your head, champ.  But at least now we know the identity of Adobe’s Chief Apologist for Abysmal Customer Support.  Stick to your little PS tips-n-tricks, scribbler. You don’t know squat about business."

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2014660#2014660

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jun 05, 2009 Jun 05, 2009

I think jeff and even ramon there had forgotten what gandhi said about customer support. he didn't start anything until jeff started with the patronizing "my, aren't we bent all out of shape..."

that would put my back right up as well. just like zeno ( to use an example, not to beat hte point to death) did to me with his "gee, wonder who i'll believe".

jeff KNEW he was bent out of shape, yet he decided he needed taunting and teaching about it. very unprofessional and very un-cool.

my 2 ha'pennies w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you even bother posting a link to that, JM?

Puzzling.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because if Jeff had 9000 points, I think people would be less likely to speak to him that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the complainer knew damn well who Jeff is!

Stick to your little PS tips-n-tricks, scribbler. You don’t know squat about business. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think jeff and even ramon there had forgotten what gandhi said about customer support. he didn't start anything until jeff started with the patronizing "my, aren't we bent all out of shape..."

that would put my back right up as well. just like zeno ( to use an example, not to beat hte point to death) did to me with his "gee, wonder who i'll believe".

jeff KNEW he was bent out of shape, yet he decided he needed taunting and teaching about it. very unprofessional and very un-cool.

my 2 ha'pennies worth.

so on topic... here's an forum tip:

don't post a half hour after eating. it might lead to cramps. (and bloating and irritability).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave,

You're either inebriated or on drugs.

dave milbut wrote:

he didn't start anything until jeff started with the patronizing "my, aren't we bent all out of shape..."

The OP started it all with his OP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:

dave,

You're either inebriated or on drugs.

neither, i think.

The OP started it all with his OP.

maybe. but my point was that as an adobe representative (and jeff IS that!) he shouldn't be responding to an upset adobe customer like that. isn't that the basis of you repeatedly posting the gandhi quote? <self-introspective>or does it only apply when that disregard for customers is directed at you?</self-introspective>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that Ramón and Jeff are part of the scenery on these forums and shouldn't change a bit.

And it always livens thing up when a drive-by ranter gets his come uppance! 

(Even if he did have a legitimate grouse.)

Let's face it these offshore call centres are dire examples of false economy – most British banks have reverted.

Peace be unto you my children. <beatific smiley here>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

And it always livens thing up when a drive-by ranter gets his come uppance! 

Actually, i don't think he got his or any comeuppance. In fact, i feel Jeff came out of it looking a little worse for wear... There was no need for Jeff to reply in such an aggressive mood. A guy is ranting, let him rant... or, as a 'senior', let him down lightly by explaining facts.

You have to remember, (keeping the OP aside), a lot (most!) people don't get the concept of User-to-User. They think that this is Adobe support. The reason? Simple... most product manufacturers who have forums, have it / them as an online based support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayJhabrix wrote:

A guy is ranting, let him rant... or, as a 'senior', let him down lightly by explaining facts.

Jeff did "let him down gently".  Otherwise he would have told him to go perform an anatomically impossible act on himself, as he told me once.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

as an adobe representative (and jeff IS that!)

Not really.  Jeff relishes his independence, regardless of how deeply invested he is in Adobe.  He's always maintained it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i know "not really". but i don't care what he calls himself, i like him personally, and his style, but if he walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, he's a duck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines