• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frustrating support experience with Acrobat/Livecycle/Reader

New Here ,
May 07, 2010 May 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to ascertain why a client using Adobe Reader has been unable to save a PDF with form fields that I generated with Livecycle Designer.

I've spent several circuitous hours reading unhelpful Adobe help posts (which I marked as such), the most frustrating of which advised me to select a nonexistent option from a drop down menu -- note that this was not an option that was unavailable to select (grayed out), but rather, it was not an option.

I finally found a post on a third party site indicating that I'd need to upgrade my software in order to allow a Reader user to save their data.

I need to pay more for more features -- that's fine. What has me incised is the amount of time I've wasted reading inexplicably irrelevant Adobe help files only to discover that I need to download something else entirely.

To add insult to injury, after downloading the Free Trial of the version I need, I am prompted for a serial number and am unable to open the software. What happened to the free trial?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

akayTEAMS wrote:

the most frustrating of which advised me to select a nonexistent option from a drop down menu

It may or may not exist.

You haven't mentioned the version of Acrobat you are using. If it's 7 or older then no, that option they are talking about doesn't exist.

If it's 8-9, open the file in Acrobat (not Designer) and look for "Enable usage rights in Adobe Reader" under the advanced menu. It WILL be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and BTW, this forum is for somments on the forums themselves rather than an individual product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines