• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Funky formatting for deep threads.

Enthusiast ,
Apr 20, 2009 Apr 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to correct this?  As the threads get deeper, they get narrower and narrower.  And there's a huge right margin that's a big waste of space.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w134/navstar/Adobe-Forums-Motion-Tracking-an-Ani.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to correct this?

yes. don't quote everyone's previous comments. only quote what's necessary for you to make your points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though there is only a single, 2-line quote in that entire thread, the system only seems to track about 10 levels.

How's this? Open in a new tab if your browser viewport is less than 7850 pixels tall

deleteme.png

100% FireFox Stylish add-on CSS (no AdBlock or JavaScript tweaks)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this FAQ. First item in there is the Firefox Stylish 100% width fix that Mark is referring to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I knew I saw that somewere, but couldn't remember where. I suppose if I thought of it as what it is in this forum... a Frequently Asked Question...duh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drat! I use Safari in Leopard!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ideal is use SeaMonkey. install the version of Stylish for SeaMonkey then load the script works perfect.

Why SeaMonkey you get the the email nofications click on the link in the notication boom your there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may be your ideal setup, but definitely not mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 21, 2009 Apr 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why Run two separate Programs that take twice as much space. When you can use an all-in-one such as SeaMonkey, that uses less memory than the two combined and in most cases use the same as one. The code used in SeaMonkey keeps up to date with both FireFox and Thunderbird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the ideal is not to quote that deeply. it's just stoopid on a web forum. this isn't nntp. <sigh>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

the ideal is not to quote that deeply. it's just stoopid on a web forum. this isn't nntp. <sigh>

There is exactly one quote in that entire thread as of this writing. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419223?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh sorry. then the solution is don't use the stoopid threaded view. use the flat view. this isn't nntp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then the solution is don't use the stoopid threaded view. use the flat view. this isn't nntp.

I would have said it this way:

then the solution is don't use the stoopid threaded view. use the flat view. this isn't nntp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

Why Run two separate Programs that take twice as much space. When you can use an all-in-one such as SeaMonkey, that uses less memory than the two combined and in most cases use the same as one. The code used in SeaMonkey keeps up to date with both FireFox and Thunderbird.

Your continual proselytising for Seamonkey is becoming a bit of a pain and has no place in a forum like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and seamonkey is not "one program". it's several apps under one large umbrella app. same way that netscape communicator was. not that there's anything wrong with that but it's a waste of resources if you don't need all the included functionality at the same time EVERY time you want to fire up a browser.

do you use the browser, html editor, chat and email clients from seamonkey every time? becuase those are the seperate componants. if so, then you're a good candidate to run it. if not, you're wasing resources. get the seperate componants and run them instead.

or do you just run seamonkey becuase it sounds like it's a cool name to say OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never use Composer, That's what I have DreamWeaver for.

But yes, I do use the email/newsgroup client at the same time.

If there is a Link in an email (such) as the email notices for this  forum, I just click on it, and I am there. OR if there is a mailto: link to click on It opens a Message box already setup with address. I don't have to wait for  another application to open. Mozilla products have gotten so reliable on  Macintosh Computers They rarely if ever Crash.  And SeaMonkey in its  latest in carnation uses almost the same identical memory,  when in use  as FireFox or Safari does.  The reason for that is that, is when FF or  TB are  load certain bits of code used in both have to be loaded twice.  In SM code is shared between all components that use it with out loading  it for one part and then reloading for another component.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what's all that got to do with the forums?

I find your continual rabbiting on in here most disruptive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing other the use of SM makes it far easier to go to and read the forums and Originally I did point out that stylish Extension and script for FF3 works fine in SM 1 & 2.

So don't get your Knickers in a Twist!  I'm begining to think most of you are having stress in your jobs and love to "b" and Complain about the forums and people that post with opinions different than yours, as a way to blow off steam. You don't care how you write or talk to anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John and dave, you might as well give it up. He doesn't get it in the least bit. Never has, never will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

So don't get your Knickers in a Twist!  I'm begining to think most of you are having stress in your jobs and love to "b" and Complain about the forums and people that post with opinions different than yours, as a way to blow off steam. You don't care how you write or talk to anyone.

It is you who doesn't seem to care.

• It shows when you proclaim "the ideal" setup when you have no clue about anybody's work flow but your own.
  • It shows when you state opinions as facts.
  • It shows when you state false information as facts. Especially when the tiniest bit of proper research is all that is needed to disprove such statements.
  • It shows when you proselytise[1] SeaMonkey in multiple threads.
  • It shows when you proselytise SeaMonkey in threads that have nothing whatsoever to do with browsers, email clients, newsgroup clients, browser scripts...
  • It shows when you claim that observations about the forum (in a forum created for such observations) are complaints[2].
  • It shows when you post any of the above with the apparent intention of attracting contradictory replies.

I am all out of food for you.

[1] Good word, John.

[2] Of course, you could think of this as the Complaint Department. But then this is the appropriate place to go, anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark A. Boyd wrote:

PjonesCET wrote:

• It shows when you claim that observations about the forum (in a forum created for such observations) are complaints[2].

They sure look like Complaints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they are complaints about observations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at all the forum Comments I bet you won't find over 10 messages from since new forum style went on air, where some one isn't screaming, shouting, using variant forms expletives. That sounds like complaints to me. Then there are a Lot of making fun of people, not in a joking way, if they  like the new design. They seem to be heretics to the masses that have complaints.

Sure the system has bugs. even I don't like the email notifcatio threading in email readers.  But either they will find a solution or I will deal with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

... I will deal with it.

Does that mean you're going to give the transmit button a rest?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines