• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FYI... forum reply not possible on iPad

LEGEND ,
May 10, 2010 May 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to the WYSIWYG editor, it's not possible to use an iPad to reply to any forum content. The pages load fine and reading on the iPad works well, but the reply window with all its buttons and wysiwyg items won't allow input.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ScottWeichert wrote on 5/10/2010 12:58 PM:

Due to the WYSIWYG editor, it's not possible to use an iPad to reply to any forum content. The pages load fine and reading on the iPad works well, but the reply window with all its buttons and wysiwyg items won't allow input.

CS issue 20455, Priority 3, schedule for a fix unknown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this sort of defeats the purpose of an iPad but there is a Keyboard availble for iPad Its not a full sized keyboard its small and compact. I forget whether it plugs in or runs off of Bluetooth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's somewhat irrelevant.

The onscreen keyboard won't even activate for the forum replies. Which means you can't type... with an external keyboard or without.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have though once the external keyboard was pluged in it would have overrode the internal touch pad.

Is it possible to switch from HTML mode to text only? I've also read on a newsgroup that the iPad is not setup to use Javs as well as Flash.

If this forum is Java Based (not Javascript) that might be a reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

I would have though once the external keyboard was pluged in it would have overrode the internal touch pad.

It probably does but I don't htink that's the point Phillip. If the reply area doesn't show up, there's no where to type whether it works or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shows up.. but you can't put a cursor in it by tapping it like other input fields. Which means.. the iPad OS, or rather Safari on the iPad, assumes there's nowhere to type.. so.. no keyboard.

I don't have the iPad external keyboard, as you posted Philip, that defeats the entire purpose of the device. I have computers if I need a regular keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ScottWeichert wrote:

It shows up.. but you can't put a cursor in it by tapping it like other input fields. Which means.. the iPad OS, or rather Safari on the iPad, assumes there's nowhere to type.. so.. no keyboard.

I don't have the iPad external keyboard, as you posted Philip, that defeats the entire purpose of the device. I have computers if I need a regular keyboard.

are there any other Web Browser out there That woud work?  Maybe its a Problem with Safari.

I don't know I don't have one. I would love to see one in person, just to see what it could do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, probably some internal iPad sensor that detects you are visiting an Adobe site, so any interactivity will be prohibited.

I'm surprised there is no Apple iPad message popping up with a photo of Steve Jobs pointing his finger and saying something like: "This site isn't among our Apple approved list of sites you may visit. So please feel lucky that we are allowing you to view this content until we can find a way to prohibit you from doing so.".

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captiv8r wrote:

LOL, probably some internal iPad sensor that detects you are visiting an Adobe site, so any interactivity will be prohibited.

I'm surprised there is no Apple iPad message popping up with a photo of Steve Jobs pointing his finger and saying something like: "This site isn't among our Apple approved list of sites you may visit. So please feel lucky that we are allowing you to view this content until we can find a way to prohibit you from doing so.".

Cheers... Rick

Not hardly. I suspect it the format this forum is in. If its Java Based it won't work.  I suppose you could put in text mode rather than HTML Mode.

I'd love to test one to see what it does and doesn't do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good one Rick - while humorous, not out of the realm of possibility.

Wonder how the iPad works with Apple fora?

Not even remotely sure of the structure of Jive, but could that "evil" Flash play any role?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 30, 2010 May 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the_wine_snob wrote:

Good one Rick - while humorous, not out of the realm of possibility.

Wonder how the iPad works with Apple fora?

Not even remotely sure of the structure of Jive, but could that "evil" Flash play any role?

Hunt

You can make simple replies with the iPad Safari—or if you know a bit of HTML they can be a bit more complex.  This reply is being generated on my iPad.

What I did was hit reply, hit quote, press the HTML button in the upper right, type my text in HTML, press Show Full Editor in the upper right (to check formatting), press HTML, type some more, repeat until satisfied with the message.

It is a pain because it is HTML and the cursor isn't shown so when moving the cursor point with the mag circle one has to guess where the cursor will be dropped.

But as you can see it does work.

Message was edited by: CR Henderson to add the period after 'work'.

Message was edited by: CR Henderson to italicize 'is'.

I found a way to get the cursor back.  When you hit HTML the keyboard pops up.  Press the keyboard key (lower right key) to hide the keyboard then touch anywhere in the edit area--preferably close to where you wish to edit.  The cursor will appear where you touched and the keyboard will pop up again.

This also enables cut and paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines