• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gender Confusion?

LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately I've been seeing more user avatars than usual that seem to be of the wrong gender given the user ID.  For example, a poster with a male sounding username used the avatar below.  Call me closed-minded, but this avatar seems female to me:

NotMaleIcon.png

I'm not prejudiced about gender identity, not in the least.  I am not critical of men with long hair or women with short hair - more power to them.  And I'm certainly not criticizing any user's choice of avatar.

I've seen several that seemed wrong in the other direction as well recently - male looking icons with usernames that were clearly female.  These users were all new users.

What I'm wondering, since I'm sensing an increase in the number of icons that seem to identify the wrong gender, is whether there might be a forum software glitch that may be automatically assigning avatars from the canned set to new users incorrectly.

Have you noticed this?  Or am I just being overly sensitive? 

-Noel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another theory is that they are essentially sexless. They come into existence with a number of fertilized eggs, and only incubate any if they want.  No battle of the sexes, no courting, no mating games to worry about, no pregnancies, and no labor or giving birth.  Just incubate the egg in an oven, and whatever hatches will come with its allotted number of eggs, ad infinitum.

Imaging, no morals issue to deal with, no jealousy, just take life easy.

I think that's why they abduct humans, to study the differences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They say most aliens are the Grey's  same basic shape. But are solid grey and have very big Black eyes no white in the eyes. Sort of short. And supposed to be mean as snakes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You left out the emoticon, Phil. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines