• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Go back to where you left off in a thread

Advocate ,
May 19, 2009 May 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know, rehashing, but it feels as though this request is being lost in the fog. In the test forums it was identified as the biggest failing of these forums.

We are not alone in wanting this, it's being discussed in the features requests on Jive - last post on this page: http://www.jivesoftware.com/jivespace/thread/42028

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And when Jive implements it (if they do), we'll get it. Until then, nothing we here on the user side of the forums can do about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JC.

At least we know you're keeping an eye on this lot!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't Adobe just throw more money at this to get it done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 20, 2009 May 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Buko. wrote:

Can't Adobe just throw more money at this to get it done?

Or maybe throw some more points?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote on 2009-05-19 21:50:

And when Jive implements it (if they do), we'll get it. Until then, nothing we here on the user side of the forums can do about it.

The functionality itself may not be present in Clearspace as a ready

option where you just click a box to switch it on, the underlying

functionality to build it into the templating system is available in

Clearspace. If a message has been read before just collapse it (similar

to how Gmail does) and a user will automatically end up at the first

unread message. To make sure there are unread messages left just use the

threaded view that shows all messages in a thread.

This has been discussed in the Jive forums and there is even somebody

offering code there: http://www.jivesoftware.com/jivespace/thread/26137

Jochem

--

Jochem van Dieten

http://jochem.vandieten.net/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

I understand that that is the case.  But I do not understand why, on a user-to-user help site where the topics can run for hundreds of posts, this was not a must-have feature, the absence of which is a deal-breaker

It's not like this is a novel concept.  It's been in just about every BBS and forum software package I've ever seen or used.  It sounds like Jive's software wasn't really designed to handle this kind of forum at all. 

I'm not sure what would be an appropriate use of such software, in fact.  Perhaps it would work well for an official support site, where Joe User posts a problem and an Adobe rep gives the answer.  Joe checks back and gets his answer.  Fine. 

It doesn't work for a site where users log in frequently to debate how best to achieve a result, elicit further information from those with the problem, and then try to refine their initial attempts to solve the problem.

And don't get me started about the lack of proper back-button functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand why, on a user-to-user help site where the topics can run for hundreds of posts, this was not a must-have feature, the absence of which is a deal-breaker.

And this was made very clear in the test forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! About 30 minutes after clicking the reply button I was finally allowed to key in my response!

Sorry. Despite all the “improvements”, the new Adobe forum experience remains a pain on every level. A pain that I do not subject myself to very often any longer.

Checking the forum used to be a highlight of the day. Contrary to some other users, I can’t afford the luxury of “dealing” with the forums a few hours a day. Trying to snoop in a few minutes a few times a day has become arduous. Not doing that any more. Once a week now is often enough. Not to participate really. More pain.

Are the forum participants just never ending guinea pigs for something that does not get anywhere despite advertised “improvments”. To the standard users these are hardly noticable.

Like, if the topic of this thread at the very least would be functional again!

Why, oh why, oh why.

I know, I have contributed nothing new whatsoever with this reply. One just has to grieve a little publicly for something that was quite precious.

Fortunately, there are other resources to get advice on matters Adobe. Even as a long-time professional user of the Creative Suite, I do need advice and feedback.

Thanks for nothing.

I am actually reminded of the snotty attitude of old by Quark. Yes, I dare mention THAT name here now.

Addition: I tried for over two hours top post this message, only to be returned to an empty reply form. Something had made me copy the text to Indesign, that's why I did not have to retype it. Shocking.

Once again, thank you, but no thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joziG wrote:

Wow! About 30 minutes after clicking the reply button I was finally allowed to key in my response!...

Checking the forum used to be a highlight of the day. Contrary to some other users, I can’t afford the luxury of “dealing” with the forums a few hours a day. Trying to snoop in a few minutes a few times a day has become arduous. Not doing that any more. Once a week now is often enough. Not to participate really. More pain.

....Are the forum participants just never ending guinea pigs for something that does not get anywhere despite advertised “improvments”. To the standard users these are hardly noticable.

...Once again, thank you, but no thank you.

They just don't want to listen. they don't want to get their money back from jive. I'm sure that they are afraid they will lose face if they go back or change to something usable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sad but true.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines