Going down the drain...

LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2009 Dec 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forums seem to get worse every da

y and nothing is done about it, like the automatic

carriage returns, but now they have surpassed themselves,

content is no longer displayed, you get a blank message, but when editing that message the content is there.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/529916?tstart=0

http://www.millcon.nl/Harm/nothing.jpg

When is something done about this crappy software?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 04, 2009 Dec 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Archiving is automatic. If a thread hasn't had a reply in xx number of days it becomes archived. There doesn't appear to be a manual way to archive (or unarchive) something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2009 Dec 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

Archiving is automatic. If a thread hasn't had a reply in xx number of days it becomes archived. There doesn't appear to be a manual way to archive (or unarchive) something.

That sounds like a new thing:

At least in the Print design forum we have had some threads where new spam posts were removed, leaving a post by Neil from a year ago; the latest one is the one with Wuffbear as the OP midway down the first page here: http://forums.adobe.com/community/design_development/printdesign, between two threads with the latest post 2 weeks ago.

This means that the spammer was able to add a new post 2 weeks ago, a year after Neil had posted.

I thought the archiving was off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2009 Dec 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please correct me if I am wrong, for my memory isn't what it used to be. What JC is describing sounds to me like the way archiving worked in the fair forums. And I also seem to remember that there was a massive archiving of threads in these forums (this forum?) some months ago. So it's not at all clear for me how archiving is working nowadays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2009 Dec 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Please correct me if I am wrong, for my memory isn't what it used to be.

It seems to be: that is what I remember, too: we were told that threads in this forum (only) were archived. As far as I remember, Jochem thought that it was a mistake, but John said it was a decision to get rid of outlived threads. Unfortunately, the Still No Supervision thread went, too. It really should be restored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob, I did not want to be so explicit, but what you say is what I remember about archiving in this thread.

As to the Still No Supervision... forum, I did try to refloat it, and this was the result: 1.. And unfortunately there is not much new to say. There is still no supervision in the forum in Spanish, there is still no indication in the Adobe Spain or Adobe Mexico sites about a forum is Spanish, ... all is just the same as years ago. Except that we now have just a single forum including all Adobe products, but I had already reported the fact when the thread was "archived".

And, thinking about this, shouldn't all archived threads be gathered in a special Archive folder, as in the fair forums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that everyone is correct here. Arching here works very similarly to the old forums. And, as in the old forums, the settings are different for different forums. Most do not have archiving turned on. The Forum Comments forum does. The others under discussion dont.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2009 Dec 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope it is still true that old threads never die; threads falling into the abyss was a shortcoming of the fair forums that should be overcome, according to the first information about the present forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 03, 2009 Dec 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

Your screen shots look like the camera icon isn't even active! That wasn't the issue. The issue was that if you clicked in the camera icon

and uploaded a JPG or PNG file from IE you would get an error that it wasn't a supported file type.

left out not beside the could in my explanation. As a mac User IE unavailable. Should have been can not or could not. Sorry.  Some others were trying to see if the camera  button would  work in Testing. Camera button didn't even work for me their where if does in other forums. Although on occasion I have run across messages in Acrobat forums that the button was greyed. I though maybe it was because it was setup as a comment as opposed to a question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not only this forum's who's going down the drains, it's adobe as a whole. This company went from being my favourite to one of my most hated in 10 years. Photoshop is becoming utter stupid, illogical garbage, eating 10 times more ressources for god knows what, thx to pointless updates that are only made to justify adobe employe's salaries. I've been working for 20 years with this software and today it's the WORSE it's ever been. ADOBE, GET YOUR **** TOGETHER AND PONDER THIS : IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT. Want to fix stuff ? Start with your TERRIBLE text tool...want other ideas? I spent the whole day saving images for the web and had to change GIF to JPEG for EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM, because now the "optimised" window is set to GIF by default (and don't teach me how to configure the settings for ctrl + shift + alt + S, I've been doing this for 20 years, and it's never been that utterly nonsensical). PS went to being one of my favourite software to my pet peeve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines