• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Great News! - I have stayed logged on from yesterday.

Nov 05, 2009 Nov 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an improvement of the greatest magnitude which promises to bring the internet forums to new usefulness.

Before now, I would have to go through re-logging in and, over dozens of trys, I was finally able to log on to the forums. This however only lasted until I moved away from the forums for even a second. Then I would have to re-log onto the forums. All of that made it impossible to retain a train of thought or to contribute anything to the real purpose of these forums.

Now there is hope. I did not have to re-log on this morning as it stayed logged on overnight. This is a first in the months since the working forums were dumped in favor of the not working forums.

Never give up hope.

Ken

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 05, 2009 Nov 05, 2009

I remained logged-in since yesterday!

(I may have forgotten to shut down the browser overnight.)

[But then Firefox updated to 3.5.5 this morning and restarted, but I am still logged-in.]

{Maybe the world, as we know it, is coming to an end.}

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck!

(I had to log in both at home and work this morning. My usual routine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had to login now. for the second time today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 08, 2009 Nov 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

Just had to login now. for the second time today.

Oops, I rejoiced too soon. It is back to logging me out every time I leave.

I'm looking for any glimmer of hope. Maybe logging you out when you leave is a forums security measure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remained logged-in since yesterday!

(I may have forgotten to shut down the browser overnight.)

[But then Firefox updated to 3.5.5 this morning and restarted, but I am still logged-in.]

{Maybe the world, as we know it, is coming to an end.}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2009 Nov 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ken,

A few words of advice:

Do not get complacent. Next session will last for only 10 mins. and you will be logged-out.

Keep NotPad handy, and make sure that you Copy/Paste to it with each post.

Do not have a sip of coffee, or wine, and expect to stay logged-in, regardless of how quick you are.

I have opened things up at 5:30AM local, AZ time, and have found myself still logged-in. Wonders! In moments, I am logged-out. Log back in, and at 9:00AM PDT, I am history once again. Log back in. Fine for a bit, and at Noon PDT - gone again. So it goes. Now that AZ is on MDT, things have shifted by 1 hour for me, but have not really changed.

I've heard all sorts of theories on what it takes to stay logged-in, and why one gets logged-out. Looking at my clock does not back up any of those. It's base on the phases of the Moon, and some Druid ritual I tell you - nothing more and nothing less.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines