As of this AM, August 01, 2012, the ability to Link a URL seems to have ceased to work. The dialog box never goes beyond a black field, so no URL input box.
As of yesterday, it was working fine.
Have tried with Chrome and IE 7 & 8, with the same results.
Thank you. The URL Linking that I am referring to is from the Insert Link icon in the edit screen, the A with the chain:
Note: from older Adobe Forum, but still Jive.
Yesterday, it worked, as per usual, but today has failed to initialize the URL Insert dialog box.
As a test, highlight a word, and click that Insert URL icon. Do you get the normal dialog screen with the input box for the URL?
Thanks for the response,
Yes, that's what I used.
OK, this is all that I am getting:
I'll try clearing caches, but would find it odd, if the same function failed in three browsers.
Back soon, and thanks,
Cache clearing in both versions of IE and Chrome made no difference - I just get that black screen, with no input box. H-m-m?
Thanks for testing,
I am not seeing it in Firefox/MAC, IE/Win7 or Safari/Win7.
I have observed similar behaviour in the past (but not today). The best way to cure it: wait until tomorrow...
Thanks to everyone for testing and reporting.
I have had issues with that Link URL box in the past, and usually trying it a second time, or a moment later, always "fixed" things, but not now.
In my cases, all of the links were to Adobe Forum articles, but without the input box, I could not link those. Instead, I just pasted the URL into the Reply.
Guess that I will wait until tomorrow, as for the second day, I still cannot get that input box.
This is starting to look like a browser issue, as Inserting a Table yields the same black insertion screen. However, I am seeing this behavior in a couple of different browsers, so that is a puzzle.
Updated nVidia driver, just in case, but same behavior.
Will explore some other browsers.
Cannot imagine what happened a few days back, as both Insert URL Link and Insert Table were working perfectly in Chrome.
I'll look at System Restore Points, to see if there was perhaps a Win update, that killed things for me.
More, if I find it,
Have you resolved it yet? I've had no problems of the nature you saw putting in links, though it sometimes seems to take a few tries before I can get inline text to be made into a link.
Here's a try: I'm making the word link into a link in this sentence. Figures, it works perfectly when I'm looking closely at it.
The links need underscores, though. That's a CSS issue.
i still seeing it working in firefox
Thank you, but no, it is still not working for me on either Chrome or two older versions of IE.
Just got back into town, so have not had time to explore more, other than test, to see if it had started working, as quickly as it quit.
Thanks, and hope to have more soon. Seems to be my computer expressly, so I know to look internally, at least.