• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has this always been like this?

LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2009 Oct 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just noticed that asking to be taken to the last message of a thread takes one to the last edited post, not to the last posted message. Also, the edited message shows its original time in the list, but the date and time of the last edit when open.

Has it always been like this, or has a recent change been made? I ask because I don't recall having observed this before (which doesn't really mean much). And, regardless of whether this is a recent change or it has always been like this, I find it very confusing. Perhaps marking a message as edited should be automatic, and not voluntary as it is today?

I am thinking, for example, of the automatic addition at the end of a message of a note saying "Last edited by (name of the author or host/moderator) on (date and time)". The reason for the edit would be added only if voluntarily added by the person who did it. As I will do voluntarily at the end of this message immediately after posting it.

I think that if, at the same time, editing a message doesn't make it automatically become the last one, everything would be quite a lot more clear and logical.

Message was edited by: Claudio González on October 10 2009, 8:18 am. Reason: offering an example of my proposition.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2009 Oct 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A further case with an unexpected variant. Both ways of asking to be taken to the last post of this thread

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2306883?tstart=0#2306883

take me to the first one. ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines