• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help - Chrome Now Shows Adobe Fora @ 1/2 Size

LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2010 Aug 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is the fodder of this forum, but until pointed in another direction, I am posting my problem.

Using Chrome (for about 1 year now) on XP-Pro PC. Suddenly yesterday (Aug 09), the display of the Adobe fora shrunk. I now see al bodyl text at about 4 pt. type. Everything is shrunken, and by about 1/2, or a little more. Other pages/fora display as always and the Adobe fora show up in IE properly sized. It is only Chrome and Adobe fora, where this display anomaly appear.

I cannot rule out OE on my part, as things were just fine yesterday and as soon as I posted one reply, when the display came back to the thread - it was shrunken.

The font sizes are as always, and this affects everything, including the toolbar, graphics, everything.

I have looked in the Tools section of Chrome for something to affect display, but cannot find it. Again, this is ONLY with the Adobe fora, and ONLY in Chrome.

Does anyone have any ideas, or places to check?

All other displays, including all Adobe programs, work just fine, and exactly as before. This seems totally isolated.

TIA,

Hunt

PS - I am now going blind trying to read the 3 - 4 pt. displayed type!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

view> zoom? or somthing similar? i don't have chrome here but that's what it is in FF. in ie6 it's view> text size...

or hold CRTL and roll your mouse wheel up and down...

or CRTL+ and CRTL- (hold control and try plus and minus)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use MS Internet Explorer (XP Pro at work, Win7 64bit at home) and have not noticed anything unusual in size... still full screen as always

Of course, I've seen some people's screen names go "wonky" lately, so clearly something odd (well, more odd than usual for these forums) is happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

view> zoom? or somthing similar? i don't have chrome here but that's what it is in FF. in ie6 it's view> text size...

or hold CRTL and roll your mouse wheel up and down...

or CRTL+ and CRTL- (hold control and try plus and minus)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dave,

Thank you. You nailed it. I did not realize that Chrome would make changes by the page, and not all sites. In my case, the Zoom change was made to my Adobe page, so the entire forum displayed this behavior.

You get the BIG POINTS!

Thanks,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I don't see your shrinking effect in Firefox/Mac, Explorer/Win7 or Safari/Win7. And I am usingas usual a font that is known to be much easier to read on screen than Arial, and at a larger size this time for your benefit, in case you are still experiencing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

At least I can view your text!

I have checked in IE, and all is good there, so it seems to be my Chrome setup. What changed, remains to be seen.

I'd go back to IE, but then I get the lovely little random, automatic line-breaks. Yes, I know the trick. Also, the camera icon still does not function in my IE (7, IIRC).

I'll try just downloading and installing Chrome again. Worked fine, until yesterday, then BAM!

Also, updated the nVidia driver, just in case - no change.

Appreciate the comments.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Chrome on my Win XP Pro box and am using it right now. So far, everything looks OK. Let's see what happens once I have posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks OK. Anyone else seeing this happen?

chrome.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I have found the culprit - ME! It was OE, and apparently came from when I had PrPro open, while replying to a thread. I must have switched to Chrome, and not realized it, then hit Ctrl+- and zoomed out on my Adobe page. I hate when I do something so stupid.

I want to thank everyone for supplying thoughts on this one. It was just a DUH! moment, and nothing else.

Sorry for the false-alarm.

Appreciated,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines