• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

help with download manager

New Here ,
May 26, 2009 May 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is probaby the wrong place to be asking this question, but there's such a lack of information everywhere else. i am trying to download a trial and accidentally denied the akamai download manager installation applet. now i can't download files and don't know how to go back and approve it. why does adobe suck so much *^%$?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flowofwater wrote:

why does adobe suck so much *^%$?

Quite!

*^%$? = Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

useless, but thank you for humoring me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flowofwater wrote:

useless, but thank you for humoring me.

With a possible more useful answer.

Quit the download attempt.

Quit your Browser, open browser.  Go back through Process, and try again. Should come up again. This time approve the download manger install.

As for why they do this my opinion it some what along the lines of the Humorous or Humorless ever how you want to Characterize the previous answer.

I can see why they can't just down load Mac versions in Dmg and get it over with. Or use a system where its directly installed from the internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--

Best Regards,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SeaMonkeypicture001.jpg

S.D.A. wrote:

--

Best Regards,

Steve

Hey steve,

Could you alter you signature slightly , pretty please with sugar on top?

When I receive the email notifications for anyth threads sent by you the part bellow your dash, dash, space  is treated as a signature line.

Nothing wrong with that except that the link to return to the thread is located  below the last text.

use one dash then a space then a Dash and on the web interface we would notice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip Jones wrote on 2009-05-27 00:29:

Could you alter you signature slightly , prety please with sugar on top?

When I receive the email notifications for anyth threads sent by you the part bellow your dash, dash, space is treated as a signature line.

That is because it is a signature delimiter. The only officially

recognized one (see RFC 3676). The problem is that Jive does not

recognize it as such (bug has been filed).

Nothing wrong with that except that the link to return to the thread is located below the last text.

The link still works doesn't it?

use one dash then a space then a Dash and on the web interface we would notice.

Please don't change it. I like the correct signature because it allows

my email reader to see where the signature starts and which part

shouldn't be quoted.

Jochem

--

Jochem van Dieten

http://jochem.vandieten.net/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 27, 2009 May 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--

Best Regards,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 27, 2009 May 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

--

Best Regards,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surprise. The first link in the MORE LIKE THIS box took me here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/74220#74220

However, I haven't the faintiest idea if that old info is going to be of any use for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another possibility is to use a different browser. I have three browsers on my Mac and PC so that if a problem occurs with one, hopefully I can use on of the others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think Adobe knows how to KISS. Whenever there's an between keeping something simple and effective or something complicated and non-fuctional, they choose the latter. Three basic things come to mind:

1/ This download manager. It's a regular screw up. Once you've validated, why can't they just let the download carry on with this ridiculous manager of theirs?

2/ The second is their installer. Don't know about CS4 for sure, but the amount of hassles people had. The forums are full of it (guess matters haven't improved with CS4)

3/ This activation of theirs. From what i gather, the only guys *not* having a problem are those it was meant to stop! Yup the ones using pirated software.(I personally know of several people who gave up trying to get their legitimate multi-copy suites activated and just downloaded and got it working... )

And now, the forums... the list however, is actually quite endless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines