• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I Reply to questions on Adobe Community Forums, if I only have Spectator Status?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I Reply to questions on the Community Forums, if I only have Spectator Status?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

You should be able to reply by clicking either the blue Reply (on the original post) or the grey Reply (on replies to the original post). The only thing you shouldn't be able to do at the moment is edit your posts (which will come after you've been active here a while, and by active I mean posting or replying).

If Reply isn't working for you, check the following:

• Your browser allows cookies for this site
  • Your browser has no ad blockers blocking this site
  • Your browser allows scripts to run on

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

>because I was only a Spectator

As far as I know, that is only an indication of how long you have been a forum member and how many messages you have posted

If you are logged in as a forum member, you should be able to reply to any message that has not been locked

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to reply by clicking either the blue Reply (on the original post) or the grey Reply (on replies to the original post). The only thing you shouldn't be able to do at the moment is edit your posts (which will come after you've been active here a while, and by active I mean posting or replying).

If Reply isn't working for you, check the following:

• Your browser allows cookies for this site
  • Your browser has no ad blockers blocking this site
  • Your browser allows scripts to run on this site

If that doesn't fix the issue, try a different browser. This site seems to work best with Edge, Chrome, or Firefox (on PCs, I don't know what the equivalent is for Mac). You could also try clearing your browser cache; an overfull cache can cause some weird issues.

If none of the above work, let us know. I probably won't be able to help, but there are plenty of people here who know more than I do about how to fix browser issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.

Strangely enough, I am able to Reply to this thread - so at least I'm live here. There were some other posts that Reply was not active for me -- and I assumed that was because I was only a Spectator. Perhaps they were locked from further comments? I'll check a few more threads out, and see if I can figure out the conditions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a possibility. Anything that has a lock icon on the left of the title can't be commented on by most users (staff, ACPs, and MVPs are the exception). I think the same holds true for anything that's an Announcement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>because I was only a Spectator

As far as I know, that is only an indication of how long you have been a forum member and how many messages you have posted

If you are logged in as a forum member, you should be able to reply to any message that has not been locked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, thanks all. Think everything's on track now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines