• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I cut and paste into a post?

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2009 Jun 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might be missing something, but how can I paste into this box? I see that people are doing it somehow. I would like to be able to paste snippets of code that relate to my questions. Is there a tutorial on posting?

Thanks,

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the camera icon in the reply header.

On the main page there is a Forum FAQ that answers many questions.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments/faq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A1 Leasing wrote:

I might be missing something, but how can I paste into this box? I see that people are doing it somehow. I would like to be able to paste snippets of code that relate to my questions. Is there a tutorial on posting?

Thanks,

Mark

In the reply box, look at the tool bar below the subject... Click on the quote mark over a speech balloon icon to quote the message. You can then edit it. To post an image (may even work for a non-image file) use the camera icon. You can also attach files using the A with a link icon... but that usually ends up in a queue and no one knows how long it stays in limbo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't use your mouse to paste, but you can still use the standard keyboard short cut, [Ctrl] + v (Windows).

Other standard shortcuts work too, such as those I'm used to for bold, italic, and underline.

[Ctrl] + s sends (posts) the message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A1 Leasing wrote:

I would like to be able to paste snippets of code ...

I also would like to know how to post code.  The only way I can think of now is to use the HTML option, then use the <code> tags:

main()
{
          printf("hello, world");
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 23, 2009 Jun 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the default editor online, use the >>Insert->Syntax Highlighting->Plain (or one of the other choices if applicable).

insertCode.png

But you should probably convert tabs to spaces if you're posting lots of nested code. It seems to use tab lengths of 5 spaces - and sometimes inserts strange variations of HTML non-breaking spaces in between the tabs.

Don't even bother posting code via email replies yet. It tends to munge certain pieces of code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2009 Jun 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! (May I try it?)

main()
{
     printf("hello, world");
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines