• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you control Adobe Forum email notifications?

LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I control the email notification process which automatically sends a copy of all replies to each thread in which I am participating?

Right now I have taken the process for granted, letting it do it own thing, and am automatically getting email notification for all the threads in which

I am participating. That is OK with me.

Due to questions on email notification how to that I have received from others...

How would I go about setting up the process so that I could pick and choose which thread replies should be send to me by

email notification? Is there a thread subscription preference somewhere?

And, how do I turn on and off email notification altogether if I wanted to do that?

Thank you.

ATR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Click your avatar picture near the upper right corner (slightly to the left of the pencil) and select PREFERENCES then set all Email Preferences to OFF and click Save at the bottom left

AND

Another new "feature" is that Jive7 is oriented toward social networking... so every time you start or reply to a message you are automatically added to a FOLLOW list... meaning you receive a notification of every subsequent message in that thread

Click the FOLLOW link at the upper right and select STOP FOLLOWI

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click your avatar picture near the upper right corner (slightly to the left of the pencil) and select PREFERENCES then set all Email Preferences to OFF and click Save at the bottom left

AND

Another new "feature" is that Jive7 is oriented toward social networking... so every time you start or reply to a message you are automatically added to a FOLLOW list... meaning you receive a notification of every subsequent message in that thread

Click the FOLLOW link at the upper right and select STOP FOLLOWING... and don't click the link again to check your status, as you will then be added to the CONNECTIONS STREAM and you will have to uncheck that option as well

And, after you post in a message thread and select Stop Following, you need to do it all over again the next time you add a reply to the same message thread, since EVERY POST adds you to the automatic Follow list

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John T. Smith

Thanks for the reply and for the how to for dealing with Adobe Forum email notifications.

For now, I will stay with the what is for me, that is, the automatic email notification for all new posts in the threads in which I am involved.

Not sure if I will ever get involved with the Follow and Stop Following and email notifications, but now I will know the forum area to explore for that.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines