Exit

How do you mark a comment Correct? [Branched from an older thread]

Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peru Bob,

I have the same issue.

The thing is that I do have a lot of answered threads that need to be verified by moderator(s) or Adobe reps.

I would like those answers to be reviewed if at all possible. 

Should I post all of those links here or via private message?

Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The thing is that I do have a lot of answered threads that need to be verified by moderator(s) or Adobe reps."

If you mean that you get a message saying that your post needs to be approved by a moderator, that is only done by Adobe employees.  Most moderators, like myself, are not Adobe employees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize, what I was trying to say is  that in a lot of occasions the users that I've helped with correct answers they have acknowledged that they can't find a way to mark my answers as correct.

The other issue is that there was a time  that I was able to answer sporadically up to 3 to 5 correct answers daily and in the slowest season up to five good correct answers per week. Now I barely get a total of three correct answers a month, and that is only if an Adobe employe accepts some of the solutions and one user that actually marks a solution as correct answer.  

This has become a monthly  pattern. Which makes me believe my performance is being moderated rather than allowing me to rank up more if I wanted to.

I say this because I do a lot of research, a lot of my answeres are extremely well documemnted and I can answer up to 100 threads in less than three days...not 20 answers per month as the ACP program recommends.

Since I joined the forums exactly 18 months agoI have answered 3822 posts, so do the  math. Like I said, I do have a lot of answers that fell through the cracks. And I would like to have a way of someone verifying these answers so that I can rank up.

The other pattern that I've notcied is that sometimes I answer a user just right at  the moment that that person is posting online, then the next day,  about 2 or more ACP's answer the same question in another thread and a later time than when I posted. When this has happens they notifiy me that I have posted in a duplicated post....that is just plain and simple weird. And how is this possible if I was the first to answer?

But anyway, can I get the help for this or not?  And who else should I talk to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"to rank up more"

Why is that necessary?
The reason I participate in the forums is to try to help other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's great that you're an active forum participant and enthusiastic about helping other people.  Every little bit helps.  But if your only goal here is to rack up forum points & badges, I think that's the wrong reason.  Most OPs never come back to say "thank you" much less mark a correct answer.  Forum participation is the quintessential thankless job.   Don't hold your breath waiting for correct answer praises that may never come.  You'll be disappointed if you do.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe that didn't came out right, but , there's nothing wrong with wanting to rank up, that is just a personal goal of mine.

My real life job has nothing to do with computers, I don't have a freelancing business, I don't own a business, I don't develop, and I don't work in the private sector. I am currently  applying for a position in a computer career field. My certifications are expired and I don't have the time and money to cost me a new computer degree. This is where the foorums played an important part in my professional development.

As an Adobe customer, however, I initially joined these Acrobat support forum to seek answers for a problem that I was having  with a PDF a year ago; consequently,  it  led me to learn some Acrobat JavaScript scripting,  and also I  became a very active participant. 

That new skill led me to be in a position where  now I can  apply for a new job; that opportunity just opened up for me and that is what I meant by wanting to rank up. Ranking up is my letter of recommendation, and ranking up in the forums is everything I 've got to prove to a prospective hirerer what the work I've done.

Please don't get what I'm saying out of context anymore. I am asking for a legitimate request and is a simple yes or no answer. 

I am very greatful for the individuals who have helped me(including you Nanacy) , to Adobe as an organization, and the community in general.

In return I've given back to the community with some of the things that I can help with,  and even though I admit I've been controversial at times, I've done it sleflessly. 

If my performance in my current job of 13 years was measured by how many times I've cleaned toilets and public restrooms for other people (literally),  I would have doctorate degree by now.

So there's nothing wrong with me wanting to aspire for something different than the job that  I currently hold on to.

As far as I'm concerned that is inalienable right, and it shouldn't even be questioned or coerced to look away from your own  personal ambitions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only the Starter of the conversation, the user that started the conversation, or a Staff member or a Moderator can mark replies as correct.

There is No Level Up on this forum system. There are No points available and even if there was they would not mean anything. There is no reward for answering questions corrrectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok that answers my question and thank you.  I wasn't looking dor rewards or points, just why some correct answers are not marked as correct solution.

But I will follow your guidance, I will start my own new conversions based of of those topics that has been ignored  and mark those answers as correct solutions  myself.

Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is correct on Many Many forums.

User that have a problem come to support forums and ask their question.

If they get the right answer that fixes the problem they usually Never come back.

If they do come back they many times end up marking one of their own replies as correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we actually accrue some points for correct answers, likes and posting questions, too, if I remember correctly.  It's all so insignificant to me, I pay no attention to it.  

https://community.adobe.com/t5/community-help/points-badges/td-p/4789380?page=1

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate all your answers guys, Is really not a big deal for me either.

I was stressing a little bit about it because an opportunity for a new job knocked on my door. 

I just wanted to show off some sort of no "BS" proof of the voluntary work I've done in this community to my potential employer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Nancy OShea

Not Points. Just a Running Count of the Likes we get and the number of correct answers, Solutions.

On JIVE we got 5 Points for a Helpful reply and 10 points for a reply marked as correct.

IIRC if you had the most replies Per Quarter marked as corrct there was some type of reward but you couldn't repeat quarter after quarter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines