• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How many Times a Day do I Have to Sign In?

Engaged ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Title says it all. Of what use is the remember Me check box if it utter ignores the fact I have signed in already today 1/2 doz times or more?

What is the matter with Forum Operations? Are you trying to drive away users?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 142 Replies 142
Jan 11, 2014 Jan 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After not having to sign in for weeks this morning I had to write in my Adobe ID and password.  What is annoying is that I have in the past checked "remember me" and the info in in the Firefox brower file, but the site does not use it.  Have to start from scratch each time.

An yes, I had the Terms of Use agreement.  Have not seen this since I signed up many years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2014 Jan 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has got me mighty close to my "Screw it, I'll find a different forum to help out in" point.

Can someone at least confirm this is on someone's issues list and going to be looked at?

healthcare.gov has fixed bugs faster than this and they're known as a crappy site world-wide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand this post (#21),

http://forums.adobe.com/message/6064358?tstart=0#6064358

someone somewhere has a plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob, I have become somewhat skeptical about calls for patience... There are bugs that I have reported more than a year ago that are still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They ain't going to fix anything. They don't care whether they give customers support. They've already got the reputation on service of being lower than Intuit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2014 Jan 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, they tell me that they are about ready to issue the fix, but it will be for everyone, BUT Phillip and his Mac with those SeaMonkeys...

No, I am almost with you and Claudio. Patience is wearing a tad thin, and I am loosing hope, but am still trying to hang in there. I know that on the Adobe end of things, there are at least two teams, trying to make things better. Whether they will be able to implement all (or even some would be nice) the fixes, will remain to be seen. I've still got my fingers X'ed, but they are starting to cramp on me.

Good luck to us all,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's microscopically better these last few weeks.

I don't stay signed in. But all I have to do is click the Sign In link. It switches me to a pages and then brings me back to where I was with permissions to reply, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 2013 Temkin rankings places Adobe at 150 and 49% approval for customer service.

http://temkinratings.com/temkin-ratings/temkin-customer-service-ratings-2013/

Even Microsoft has higher ratings.

And yes, Intuit is 136 and 50%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, crap! I had to do a complete sign-in again!

It's interesting that BMW isn't much better in those ratings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2014 Feb 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have to enter my user ID and password about every other day.  Between that I have to hit the Sign In link every time.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2014 Feb 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. It's getting worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had to enter my ID and password twice today. Worse all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of the rare days where I have had to log in, but only once. I can still just type the first letter in the ID, then the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log in  once as soon as I came to Forums.  Will either have to resign in each time I leave and come back or yeach time I shut down and or computer.

Funny thing is Apple also uses Jive for forums and you sign in but doesn't return you to your thread after go back to the email announcement and click again. And you have to do so each time you shut down Browser. But as long as browser isn't shut down through out the day you can get in. So we actually have an advantage over Apple's version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Third time that I have had to enter my ID and password today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second time to sign in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None needed today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been established that some of us have to log in each time, some don't, and that on any particular day the behavior changes as each cookie expires (or not). I know it's frustrating but the sign-in system on this network is necessarily complex, the forum and AdobeID authentication routines live on separate servers run by different companies.

Yes, it's being worked on - but until a fix is rolled out the situation won't change, so please don't feel that you have to report the daily situation. Without very detailed system information that you can't post in public it doesn't help the engineers at all.

As soon as the code is pushed someone will let you know via these threads, and fingers crossed at that point we'll be back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, you must have posted while I was logging in and writing my message.

Wouldn't it be simpler and more sensible to separate the identification processes for the Adobe site -that does rquire a high degree of security-  and for the Forums that don't?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was once, but now everything uses your AdobeID as a single sign-in. Two problems with keeping the forums running with their own internal account database; it makes it very easy for spammers to flood the site with hundreds of new accounts, and the connection to other AdobeID-controlled databases would break. If you add a comment onto the Community Help system for example, that software associates you with your AdobeID but it tunnels back to here for responses.

Claudio González wrote:

Wouldn't it be simpler and more sensible to separate the identification processes for the Adobe site -that does rquire a high degree of security-  and for the Forums that don't?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it makes it very easy for spammers to flood the site with hundreds of new accounts, and the connection to other AdobeID-controlled databases would break. If you add a comment onto the Community Help system for example, that software associates you with your AdobeID but it tunnels back to here for responses.

I hope people here are not naive to suggest that by having a single sign-in process, it has become difficult for spammers to create new accounts using free emails from outlook, Gmail, yahoo. aol and others to do their normal business.  Also, yahoo and outlook allows anybody to create disposable email accounts so I would have thought that it should be a doddle to create a few disposable accounts and flood these forums with spam.  Am i missing something obvious in the above quote?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Feb 17, 2014 Feb 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's back.

I am not logged in when I go to the forums after a few hours.

But now, when I click the Sign In link, I have to re-enter my information, despite the fact that the page says remember me.

I wonder if we are the only ones suffering through this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2014 Feb 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sandee!

I don't think you and a couple of other members here are the only ones…

Something different, but strange enough:

Yesterday I was logged in (or at least thought so); after closing and reopening the lid of my MacBook Pro after a while I had the following message after refreshing the window tab of the InDesign Scripting Forum with cmd + shift + r :

The Adobe ID and/or password provided does not appear to be valid. Please try again.

InvalidPasswordOrID_logIn.png

I switched over to another forum (InDesign Forum) and tried to log out.

The following message appeared:

MessageAfterTryingToLogOut.png

After that I closed both window tabs, opened them again and logged in again.

Since I never check "Remember me" I had to enter all my information…

There are times I can leave the browser windows unattended the whole day and I'm still logged in…

Firefox 27.0.1 on Mac OSX 10.6.8

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 06, 2014 Mar 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sandee Cohen wrote:

Well, it's back.

I am not logged in when I go to the forums after a few hours.

But now, when I click the Sign In link, I have to re-enter my information, despite the fact that the page says remember me.

I wonder if we are the only ones suffering through this.

After months of not having to re-enter my ID and password things have indeed changed.  I am now back to entering information about every 5 times I log in. 

There was even about a month period where I did not have to even log in.  I opened directly to the forum and ready to respond to questions.  No more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After months of not having to re-enter my ID and password things have indeed changed.  I am now back to entering information about every 5 times I log in. 

Just continue doing it until March 26th when something new might crop up .  Just make sure to keep your fingers crossed that nothing untoward happens by that time.  The world is getting dangerous by the day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines