• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How many Times a Day do I Have to Sign In?

Engaged ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Title says it all. Of what use is the remember Me check box if it utter ignores the fact I have signed in already today 1/2 doz times or more?

What is the matter with Forum Operations? Are you trying to drive away users?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 142 Replies 142
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2014 Mar 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, at least now we have a date in which something might happen. Only thing is that many of us still remember what happened the last time we had a major change... (sorry, I couldn't find an emoticon with a frightened face).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://austinisafecker.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/afraid.gif

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved it as well.

Had to sign as usual haven been inactive for a few days . Been busier  this past week after becoming a Community moderator in in Microsoft Answers forum.

That two forums I've asked if I was willing to moderate.

The Yahoo groups /Intuit/Quicken group have been a co-moderator for several years now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel,

Yes. Be afraid - very afraid!

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 26th of Never, imo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More likely on June 31.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or Feburary 31st.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am (still) afraid that the Sign in issue is an Adobe, rather than a forum, matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same as, for example, those very long screen names, or email addresses used as screen names? They don't bother Adobe, but they are a pest in the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe so, Claudio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's kind of annoying to have to click the login link, but I guess I can deal with that. 

However, once or twice a week, the login information just disappears from the browser (I'm not clearing cookies, or anything like that) and I have to enter id/pw TWICE.  The blank login form appears, I enter info and click submit, then it's almost as if the page just refreshes, removing what I just entered, and I have to do it all over, again.  What's going on, Adobe?  (I know Adobe doesn't peruse these forums.. just venting.)

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'remember me' code sets a bunch of cookies that expire after different times, and they can get out of sync. Sometimes pressing 'reload' on the page will push you through. It's a known issue but nobody can tell you when it will be fixed.

WolfShade wrote:

It's kind of annoying to have to click the login link, but I guess I can deal with that. 

However, once or twice a week, the login information just disappears from the browser (I'm not clearing cookies, or anything like that) and I have to enter id/pw TWICE.  The blank login form appears, I enter info and click submit, then it's almost as if the page just refreshes, removing what I just entered, and I have to do it all over, again.  What's going on, Adobe?  (I know Adobe doesn't peruse these forums.. just venting.)

^_^

.. and Adobe certainly do peruse these forums - they may not always reply but your concerns are noted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's actually disturbing, Dave.  It implies either they either want the user experience here to suck or it's simply beyond them technically to make it better.

I'm not sure which is worse.

Alas, it's been a tradition that complaints about the forum quality don't come to much.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2014 Apr 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WolfShade wrote:

However, once or twice a week, the login information just disappears from the browser (I'm not clearing cookies, or anything like that) and I have to enter id/pw TWICE.

Did it, again, this morning.  Can we extend the expiry date for the cookie, or something?

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2014 Apr 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WolfShade wrote:

Can we extend the expiry date for the cookie, or something?

A.  They probably can't, for either technical or political reasons.

B.  Why should they bother?  You're communicating.  Perhaps there's merit in making it a bit difficult to be here.  Perhaps folks without a good reason for posting here will get frustrated and go type their useless OMGs and LOLs on facebook or twitter or whatever the youngsters feel is cool nowadays.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None needed today on switching on my computer, but I had to enter my ID and password on coming back after visitin other threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had to log in today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines