• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change my Screen Name?

Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2015 Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked at the existing discussions and I couldn't see a real solution to this question.

Not sure how I ended up with 'editing pdf files' as my screen name, but I clearly goofed there.

How can I edit my screen name?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

It can't be edited through 'Edit Communities Profile'. It was the first thing I tried before posting my question here.

Staff member Rohit provided the correct way yesterday in a different forum, which was:

The Adobe Forums do not store your screen name or password. Your screen name is part of your Adobe ID from Adobe.com. To change your screen name or password you have to edit your account at Adobe.com.

1. Go to https://www.adobe.com/account/account-information.html
  2. Sign in with your Adobe ID
  3. Under Per

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

There is an ongoing issue with propagation of name changes from the Adobe Account to this website. Staff is aware and is working on the issue but so far there is no ETA on a fix. 

Meantime, you can post your request to this thread in the Community Help forum: https://community.adobe.com/t5/community-help/i-need-to-change-my-community-username/m-p/10962234/thread-id/59988?

[Even more] Meantime, I am editing your post to remove the screenshots, as they include personally identifying informatio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never needed to do that, but you may find an answer in Jive 7.0 Community User Documentation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't see the answer there John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on your avatar in the upper black bar of the page. Choose Edit Communities Profile, and change your present screen name to the one you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too late. You changed it while I was writing my previous message...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can't be edited through 'Edit Communities Profile'. It was the first thing I tried before posting my question here.

Staff member Rohit provided the correct way yesterday in a different forum, which was:

The Adobe Forums do not store your screen name or password. Your screen name is part of your Adobe ID from Adobe.com. To change your screen name or password you have to edit your account at Adobe.com.

1. Go to https://www.adobe.com/account/account-information.html
  2. Sign in with your Adobe ID
  3. Under Personal Profile, change your screen name
  4. Click on Save My Changes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously, my mistake. And thanks for coming back to post the correct procedure. I suggest that you mark your own message #5 as Correct. This should be useful for future newcomers with the same question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried on my side and it didn't work, can you please help?

I've already updated on adobe account page, but it isn't wokring here.

[MOD: Screenshots containing PII removed in accordance with Adobe policy.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is an ongoing issue with propagation of name changes from the Adobe Account to this website. Staff is aware and is working on the issue but so far there is no ETA on a fix. 

Meantime, you can post your request to this thread in the Community Help forum: https://community.adobe.com/t5/community-help/i-need-to-change-my-community-username/m-p/10962234/th...?

[Even more] Meantime, I am editing your post to remove the screenshots, as they include personally identifying information. Adobe asks that users not share this information publically, as it can lead to identify theft issues. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/community-help/guidelines-and-tips-for-the-adobe-community/td-p/47881...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines