• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to convert documents to pdf? Wasn't it called Adobe Writer?

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2010 Aug 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Windows 7 OS, I would like to know how to convert documents to pdf? Wasn't it called Adobe Writer? Be gentle I'm new to this folks!

[email address deleted by host]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well you're in totally the wrong place to ask that question but don't worry, it's because of Adobe's rather confusing labelling of some of these forums.  Go to this forum and you'll get more help.

Anyway, you're right it is called something like that, Adobe PDF Printer it says on my Acrobat 8 XP version, this is assuming you have Adobe Acrobat installed....?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't gotten a response from anybody....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Aug 12, 2010 Aug 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you post on the other forum?  I can't see a post from you there.

Anyway, about your questions, do you have Adobe Acrobat?  If so you should have a printer that you can print to called Adobe PDF.  If you do have Acrobat installed but don't see that as an option in the printer list something has gone wrong with your install.  Post on that forum with your OS (Windows 7) and the version of Acrobat you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked and realized that I don’t have acrobat, just the reader. Is the acrobat a free download or do I have to pay for an upgrade?

Thanks,

Rich

[email address deleted by host]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well there's your problem.  Acrobat will cost you a few 100$ but does many things apart from making PDFs.  To do that most Office applications will do a 'Save as' to make a PDF, or for a quick PDF printer I've found Cute PDF quite good and it's free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And for those that want almost the same features as Acr

obat, but don't have deep pockets there is PDFPen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines